Chapter 1

Five years later
3rd POV

"Listen, you can't say anything, not yet."

Cisco Ramon frantically nodded his head as he looked around the room. "Yeah, sure." He quietly replied. "But uh... why can't I tell anyone again?"

"Because, Cisco." Came the irritated voice of Reagan Raymond. "This is supposed to be a surprise, for Caitlin."

"Right, got it." Cisco nodded once again. "Okay, so when are you actually coming? Should I make sure that Caitlin isn't here or—"

"Cisco, deep breathes." Reagan let out a small chuckle as she leaned back against her chair. "I'll have someone drop me off at the lab, all you need to do is make sure that she doesn't know that I'm coming."

"Okay, so as long as Caitlin doesn't see you coming, we're good." Cisco let out a shaky sigh as a smile formed on his face. "Man, it'll be awesome to see you again."

"You too, Cisco." Reagan felt her spirits lift slightly at the thought of seeing her friends again. "I'll see you on a couple of hours. Bye."

"Yeah, bye Reagan." Cisco hung up and he stared at the phone in excitement as his smile widened. "Man, she's coming back." He whispered.

"Who is?"

Cisco let out a shout of surprise, and he whirled around to see Harrison Wells sitting behind him.

"Oh my— how are you so quiet?" Cisco gasped as he placed a hand to his heart. "You scared me."

"Cisco." Dr. Wells wheeled himself closer to the main desk that Cisco was leaning against. "Who is coming back?"

"What? No one." Cisco shook his head as he let out a nervous laugh. "What are you talking about? No one's coming."

"I heard you talking on the phone." Dr. Wells gave Cisco a small smile. "You don't need to hide anything from me. Now, who's coming back."

Cisco let out a small sigh at being caught, so he sat down in a chair and he leaned forward. "Do you remember Reagan? She is—"

"Ronnie's sister." Dr. Wells nodded his head, and Ciscos face fell slightly at the mention of Ronnie. "Isn't she in the Army?"

"She was." Cisco said, and the smile formed on his face again. "Well, Reagan's coming back to Central City! She's visiting us later on today."

"Really?" Dr. Wells eyebrows rose as he processed this information. "Well... that'll be a wonderful surprise for Caitlin."

"I know!" Cisco exclaimed as he jumped up from his seat. "But wait... what about Barry?"

Dr. Wells stopped halfway out of the door, and he slowly turned himself around to face Cisco again. "I'm sure we can figure something out." He said.

"We?" Cisco pointed between himself and Dr. Wells, confused at the previous comment. "You're going to help?"

"Yes." Dr. Wells nodded as he laced his fingers together. "This will be a great surprise for Caitlin, she deserves this."

Another large smile spread across Ciscos face, and he pumped his fist into the air with excitement. "Yes! Thank you, Dr. Wells!"

Dr. Wells let out a chuckle at Cisco's excitement, and he gave a small wave as he spun around, wheeling himself out of the room.

"Anytime, Cisco."

»»»»»»

Reagan's POV

"Thank you." I told my designated driver as I was lowered to the ground. "Here, this is for—"