23 - "You send my body crazy."

Start from the beginning

"So, Jess was asking me if we were official."

Nathan nodded and shoved his hands into his hoodie pocket. "That's what I wanted to talk about. I sort of assumed we were official..."

"Me, too."

"But I was just wondering how you wanted to go about it. Do you want to keep it quiet for a while, just between the two of us? And Jess, of course. I know how you feel about gossip and I'll understand if you'd rather lie low for a bit."

Any earlier apprehension about what Nathan wanted to talk about dissolved into affection. Even now, when he knew how I felt, he was still putting me first.

"I don't like the gossip," I said slowly, "but I'd put you before all that. I want to be with you. I don't care what people say. I'd be so proud to be able to say I'm your girlfriend."

"Let's just take things how they go then, yeah?" Nathan asked, reaching to squeeze my hand.

I smiled and squeezed his hand back in response, glancing around the library. It was deserted, just as I suspected.

Nathan suddenly chuckled and I snapped my eyes back onto his face. "What's funny?"

"I was just thinking back to that tour you gave me when I first started here."

I suddenly remembered exactly what he was talking about and I let out a small laugh, too. How times had changed...

"Ah, yes, where we discussed my boring sex life." Although it was a couple of months ago now, a flash of irritation still zipped through me when I recalled Kat's mockery.

The corner of Nathan's mouth tugged up into a playful smirk. "It won't be boring with me."

I almost blushed at the insinuation, but then I played him back at his own game. If he thought I was too innocent...

"Well, I have fifteen minutes before class..." I lowered my voice to a suggestive undertone, looping my arms around his neck and holding his steady gaze.

He didn't look surprised or shocked. He didn't even smirk. His face remained neutral as if he was actually taking me seriously.

"Fifteen minutes isn't nearly enough," he said, his voice low and husky.

I suspected he was only messing with me and had no intention of actually seducing me in the library, but an excited thrill still rushed down my spine. No way was I brave enough to have sex in a library–anyone could walk in and I could do without the extra gossip–but the temptation to play along overpowered my hesitations.

"Depends what you had in mind..." I told him, tilting my head to the side.

His hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me closely against his body. "I only have one thing in mind right now."

And then he dipped his head and kissed me. It was sudden but I responded just as quickly, my mouth immediately opening and accepting his tongue. There was no warming up here. Our tongues caressed and massaged each other as I pressed my body further against his. Nathan's hands slid down my back and into the rear pockets of my jeans, pulling my hips towards his own. I let out an involuntary moan but wasn't even embarrassed about it. I was so caught up in the moment, relishing how this was the most intimate place that Nathan was yet to touch me. When he'd tried a similar move at the party, I'd totally freaked. But it was different this time. I was into it.

Too soon, he broke away from the kiss, ending it with a tender peck on the lips that was in complete contrast to the racy make-out session.

I brushed the pad of my thumb along his jaw and smiled as his eyes fluttered shut. When you looked at him properly, past all the teasing and joking, Nathan was incredibly handsome with his golden skin, chiselled angles and long eyelashes. How was he interested in me?