05: Love or Lies?

After Loki is brought to the Helicarrier, he is contained in a glass cell. Eleonora sat in the conference room surrounded by the others as they watched Nick speak to Loki on a small screen. Eleonora felt that strange feeling in her stomach again as she thought about Loki.

"In case it's unclear, you try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass" Fury said as he presses a button which opens up a huge whole in the middle of Loki's cell, "Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Fury points at Loki, "Ant." Then he points at the button which would drop Loki into the steel trap, "Boot."

Loki let's out a small laugh that makes Eleonora shiver a little bit, "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury said.

"Oh, I've heard" Loki said as Loki looks into the camera through which Banner and the others are watching the interrogation on the monitor. Eleonora shifts uncomfortably in her seat, "The mindless beast, makes play to be the man. And a girl who thinks she's fighting for the good."

The others watch on the monitor Loki getting interrogated, "How desperate are you? You call on these lost creatures to defend you."

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did" Fury said.

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is" Loki said.

"Yeah, well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something" Fury said as he walks off leaving Loki in his glass cell.

"He grows on you, really. Doesn't he?" Banner asked as Eleonora ran her hand through her blonde locks.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract" Thor said.

"An army? From outer space?" Steve said.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce said.

"Selvig?" Thor asked.

"He's an astrophysicist" Bruce said.

"He's a friend." Thor said.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours" Natasha said.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here" Steve said.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him" Bruce said.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother" Thor said.

"He killed eighty people in two days" Natasha said.