1-10 (2000-2002)

1. Iron
When Tom first met Peyton he was nervous as hell and he met his rival's eyes with an iron gaze, but Peyton was amiable and kind and Tom let his guard down.

2. Beauty
It was the strangest thing; after he met Peyton, women didn't captivate Tom with their looks anymore.

3. Sleep
Then Tom starts losing sleep; he sees those captivating, warm dark brown eyes every time he closes his own.

4. Shock
Tom realizes with a shock that no man - Peyton excepted - has ever had this effect on him, and no woman has ever come close.

5. Imagination
Tom rarely allows himself to daydream, but he's bored and Peyton's been on his mind a lot lately.

6. Secret
"Can you keep a secret?" Tom asks his friend and placekicker Adam Vinatieri, "I think I might like the Colts quarterback."

7. Forget
Tom hates himself for liking Peyton, so he goes home and tries to force himself to forget about the past year or so.

8. Purple
Tom's mood changes on and off the field and Adam feels like he has to say something, so he says "dude, you're so sad you aren't just blue; you're starting to look purple."

9. Pennsylvania
They've got an upcoming AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh and although Tom wants to win it badly, he feels his heart yearning for Indianapolis.

10. Outside
Tom's gotten so used to this perfect façade; on the outside he's a formidable quarterback leading his team to the Super Bowl.