Chapter 16: Love at Its Sickest

Note: this chapter has some X-rated activity in it. Don't read if you don't like that sort of thing. ;)

(Grace)

Even though I'm numb from Nico's attack, curiosity sparks me. I glance back at his unconscious body as Jeff half-drags me away from it. Where is he taking me, and why is he in such a hurry?

"Um...where are we going?" I ask quietly. My voice is weak, and I hate it. I don't like to seem pitiful. Killers are supposed to be strong and deadly, not fragile and scared.

"Here. You don't need to be there right now. You need time to calm down," Jeff says. He pulls me into what appears to be a little bedroom, and shuts the door behind us.

"How did you where this was? Why are we here? Aren't we going to take care of Ni-N-Ni..." my voice shakes, and I collapse onto the floor, sobbing. Jeff drops down next to me and pulls me into his arms. I feel childish. I try to wiggle away in vain, but he just pulls me closer.

"Shh, it's okay. He had me in this room when he first brought me here. But that's not important. Love, why are you crying?"

I look up at Jeff. He just doesn't get it. "He almost...he could have..." I trail off again. I can't finish my sentence, the thought of what might have happened overwhelms me. He didn't go through what I had. He just doesn't understand how traumatic it was for me.

Jeff speaks firmly. "There's no way in hell I would've let him hurt you. How many times do I have to tell you, you're MINE." He smoothes my messy hair out from in my face, and gently wipes away my tears. Angrily, I push his hands away. He STILL doesn't get it.

"He almost DID, though. I could've gotten raped, Jeff." There. I say it, finally. The words are out.

And he doesn't like it, not at all. His eyes darken, and his grip around me tightens. The thought disturbs him too, I can tell. But unlike me, who breaks down in tears and gets defensive over it, Jeff gets angry. Violently so. I realize that he had been this angry the whole time, he'd just been hiding it to calm me down.

All of a sudden, I get chills. When Nico wakes up, he'll wish he had stayed unconscious.

"He won't ever touch you," Jeff growls, and he kisses me.

Even though This isn't like any kiss we've shared before. This kiss is full of unspoken anger, fear, and relief at being safe. His lips crush mine, unyielding, and I respond with equal power. My fingers weave tightly through his hair as I pull him even closer to me. It's like we're trying to break each other, pull the other into ourselves and never let go. This is intense, and I feel something that I had never truly felt before: desire. It's a feeling that's foreign to me, and it's been awakened from its dormant state. I want him, and I want him now. I can tell he wants me, too. It's not that hard to figure out, what with him pressed against me like he is.

Finally, he breaks off. "Grace, if you don't want to do anything, we can stop-"

I kiss him again, just to shut him up. Reluctantly, I pull back to whisper in his ear. "No, Jeff. I want this. Make me forget him, get rid of his touch."

And I absolutely am ready. I had never done this before, and yes, I'm nervous. But I love him, and I know that he'll always be the one I want. My fellow hunter, my soulmate.

My Killer.

I'm ready for this.

He picks me up easily and lays me on the bed, before climbing onto the bed himself. I pull him to me hungrily. I want him closer. He kisses down my jaw, my neck, my shoulder, leaving behind trails of fire. My back arches when he nips at my neck; I can feel the exquisite pain all the way down to my toes. I dig my nails into his arms, smiling when I hear his breath quicken. It's nice to know the effect I have on him. My hands go to his back; I can feel the hard curve of his spine through his thin shirt. I want to feel his skin. I'm suddenly irritated at the fabric separating us.

"Clothes off," I growl. For someone with no experience in this, I seem to know exactly what to say. Surprising myself with my boldness, I pull his shirt off impatiently and toss it. I don't see where it lands, and I don't care. His eyes are burning hot as he rips my shirt off with his teeth. Since my jeans were already ripped off earlier by Nico, I'm in nothing but my underwear. Jeff takes a second to take in my body appreciatively before removing his jeans. I hook my fingers into the waistband of his boxers as he unhooks my bra, freeing my breasts. I gasp when he begins to massage them.

"Are you sure about this?" He whispers. He gently presses his lips to my throat.

"I want you," I say raggedly. It's about all I can say, with his hands on me like this. I quickly remove his boxers, and he removes my underwear, slowly, making me crazy. But eventually, they're off. We're both bared and vulnerable to each other. No fabric separates us.

Jeff looks down from on top of me. Giving me one last questioning look, he pushes into me. I breathe in deeply, enjoying the wonderful, and slightly painful, feeling. Wow. Nobody ever told me it would be THIS good. The feeling is unlike anything I could ever voice.

Jeff and I, connected as one person, tangled up in the silky sheets and each other. Full of our possession, our obsession for each other. Full of bloodlust and strength and violence. Full of love and sensuality.

My world explodes in dark, twisted passion as both Jeff and I claim each other for our own.

*********

(Jeff)

Afterwards, we lay together, still breathing heavily. We're still wrapped around each other, her arm draped across my chest and our legs intertwined as we lay side-by-side, just watching each other.

That was better than I thought ever possible. Better than any of the other nobodys I'd ever slept with. But then again, this is Grace. They could never compare to her in ANY aspect. She isn't just some random girl I decided to hook up with. She isn't an easy slut who wanted me for my body and my looks. She's mine.

She shivers as I lightly trace her spine with my finger. I love the reactions my touch brings about.

I realize that I don't know what to say to her. "Was that...okay?" I ask, feeling awkward. Not the most intelligent question, but I want to make sure that she enjoyed herself as much as I certainly had.

I lean into Grace's hand as she places it on the side of my face. "It was a little better than OKAY," she grins. My awkwardness fades away. I chuckle quietly, and stretch out.

"We should probably go check on Nico now. No doubt he'll wake up soon."

She freezes up slightly at the mention of his name, but nods. I watch as she gets up and pulls on her clothes, and then I do the same.

"Jeff...?" she asks quietly. I turn around after I button up my jeans.

"Yes?"

She crosses the space between us and throws her arms around my neck. Then, she whispers three words. Three words I've been dying to hear.

"I love you."

I wrap my arms around her wait, pulling her closer to me. "I love you, my Killer. Always will."

"Now let's go get Nico," she says. She looks at me, and her eyes are smoldering with contained rage. I grin and take her hand. Hand-in-hand, we make our way towards our kill.