CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

I started with Derek's place. He was Jason's best friend and we went along quite well. I rang the doorbell a couple of times but no one opened up. Assuming that nobody was home, I turned to leave when a voice called out from inside the house.

"Who is it?" A man said in a throaty voice.

"It's me, Ashley, from next door." I chimed.

The door swung open and Derek's father stood there with a wicked grin on his face.

"Are you one of Derek's friends from school?" He asked, looking at me up and down.

"Yeah. We are in the same class. Actually, it's my birthday today and we're having a little party at my place this evening. So I was here to invite him." I went on, "Would you mind conveying my message to him?"

He didn't seem to register a word I spoke because he said, "Come on in. I wouldn't want to let the birthday girl leave without offering some courtesy."

I entered the house hesitantly as I said, "It's fine, really."

All I had heard from Derek about his father was that he was a Research Assistant at a laboratory in the outskirts of town and that he often stayed at the laboratory quarters and was hardly home. I wondered why he was there that day.

I sat on the couch in the living room as he fiddled with something in the kitchen, which was an open one just across the living area. He came back with a glass of lemonade. Handing it to me, he sat down beside me.

As I took a sip from my drink, he moved from his place and came closer to me. I shifted in my place, gulping down the entire glass in one go.

I was about to get up when I sensed a hand on my lower back. I glared at him and stood up.

"What the hell?" I spat.

"Ah, you little rebel. You'll be fun." He gave me a sly smile, took hold of my wrist and pulled me to sit on his lap.

I struggled, trying to get up.

But he held both my hands behind my back so tight I couldn't move them.

He brought his face closer to mine and tried to kiss me.

I shook my head from side to side, in an attempt to move him away from me.

To my dismay, it only infuriated him.

He now adjusted his hold so that he gripped both my hands with his one hand and his free hand was clutching at my face so hard a scream escaped my mouth.

"Quiet down, you rebel."

I spitted on him.

Once. Twice. Thrice.

Till he finally let go off my hand to wipe his face.

I took it as my chance and ran to the door.

But he caught me.

And pulled me.

And threw me on the couch.

Then he came and sat on me, his legs on both my sides.

I screamed at the weight on my stomach.

I held his collar and tried to push him away.

He took my hands and pinned them above my head.