"To that I have three things to say. For one, your idea that there's nothing at all for me to think over when it comes to this decision is idiotic. I have to think about the fact that I can't really trust you! Did that thought ever cross your mind, Knox? No, of course it didn't because it has always been Knox's way, or no way at all. Secondly, this attitude and the way you're speaking to me right now is exactly the reason I'm leaning towards my answer being no. You're trying to belittle and bully me into an answer I'm not sure I even want to give! And thirdly, I refuse to be in a relationship that contains secrets which could be harmful," I stated. His expression became a little confused, so I continued to try and get at the point I was making. "Why did you show up to Kiara and I's place bloodied and bruised the other night?" I asked, raising one eyebrow as I waited for a response. He squirmed uncomfortably under my gaze. This kind of behavior from him was new to me - I'd never seen him look anything but confident and cocky so this sight was slightly off-putting.

"I got into a, uh..." he paused and cleared his throat uneasily, "bar fight with this guy. I was drunk and he pissed me off, so I hit him." I narrowed my eye at him, not buying the story one bit.

"But you weren't drunk or even a little tipsy when I talked to you that night..." I trailed off, calling him out on the inconsistency I'd caught. I just had a strong feeling he wasn't telling me the truth. Or if he was, he was only telling me part of the story. I couldn't conjure up a solid reason for why he would lie about that. And, as much as I didn't want to believe him, it did seem slightly plausible that he was involved in a bar fight.

"I wasn't trying to bully you or belittle you into your decision, Poppy. I can see how that would be your first thought, but, in my eyes, this is a simple decision to make. I understand that you have a completely different perspective towards me than I have towards you, and that's all my fault. However, if you'd give me the chance, I want to change how you feel about me. All I want is to make you happy," he explained. We just stared at each other for a few moments as I felt my defenses dissolve away.

"Alright," I finally spoke.

"Alright?" he parroted me, his anxious eyes holding my own with an intensity I'd never seen before.

"Alright, I'll give this a try," I said. His face instantly lit up with the brightest, most breathtaking smile I'd ever seen. A happy Knox was an absolutely beautiful sight, one which I took in with greedy eyes .

"BUT!" I yelled, raising my hands as he moved forward to embrace me. The action caused his smile to slightly falter. "I have some conditions. Not saying you ever will, but if you ever lay a hand on me in anyway other than to show me affection, or cheat on me in any way, shape, or form, I will break up with you so quick you won't even know what happened. Am I clear?" I asked. Ignoring my question, Knox whisked me up in his large arms, my feet dangling in the air as he spun me around. When my feet returned to the ground, I braced my palms against his broad chest and waited for the room to stop spinning as I let a few giggles bubble out of my chest.

"Crystal clear, Flower. You know, you didn't actually have an option of saying no. I was just being nice and pretending you did," He teased with a mischievous smile. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his statement before playfully slapped his chest. Although, I knew he wasn't actually joking. I had no doubt he would've continued doing whatever he could to get me to finally agree.

I chose not to comment for the sake of my own sanity.

Bending down, he captured my lips with his own while locking one of his arms around my waist as the other threaded through my hair. The kiss seared my every nerve ending and caused my toes to curl from pleasure. I wasn't sure what it was, but something about him made every touch we shared electric. He made plans to take me to dinner in between our passionate kisses, both of us unwilling to let the other go. I had quickly come to learn that kisses from Knox were highly addictive. His phone rang from in his pocket and I made a begrudging attempt to pull away from him.