CHAPTER 4

RIIINNNGGGG

I jumped up from bed as soon as I heard something ring, which scared the heck out of me. I looked to my right and saw that it was the one and only alarm clock that was ringing.

"Ughh..." I said as I slowly got up from bed. It was just a Saturday morning which means no school. But, I still have to go to my part time job at the coffee shop. I really wasn't looking forward to it, I felt tired and so sleepy. It was 7am right now and I have to go to the coffee shop by 7:30am. Thirty minutes to get ready.

I sighed as I started to think about my life and the things going on recently. Everything is seriously just messed up.

My choice of outfit was very simple as always. This time, I wore a black sweater and blue jeans. I live in sweaters. I pulled my long hair back into a bun. You can't show the world your hair Emily, my mother's exact words. It's too dangerous.

To add to that, I had only five minutes to run out the door and run to the coffee shop in just five minutes. Today might be a long day.
***
I entered the coffee shop and right then and there I got many glares from the employers that work with me. Every single day.

"She's sadly here again guys." One of them said. I ignored them as I have gotten used to it. I just have to deal with it.
***
The day went by very fast, luckily enough, the other people who work here didn't bother me at all today and I served a lot of customers. Its probably just luck.

Riiingg. The bell rang through the shop meaning another customer just came in.

"Elmo, go help that customer, now." The girl working here with me ordered. It's Emily, I wanted to say but kept my mouth shut and went to the customer sitting in one of the chairs. As I got closer, I saw a glimpse of their face. Wait- isn't this Xena?

"Ah, Emily! How nice it is to see you here again!" She smiled brightly at my direction.

I slightly waved and smiled back. "Hey Xena."

"How's working in this shop? I heard you make the best coffees. A small hot coffee for me please!" She stated.

I smiled at the comment. "I don't know who said I make the best coffees, I really don't, but thanks! Your order will be right up!"

"Emily!" I heard someone call. I looked behind me to see the girl who works with me- In other names, Crystal, came up to me panting. She was probably the only one that is actually kind to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Please- please go serve those customers there, I'll take care of her. They ordered a lot." She said. I looked to where she was pointing at and my eyes widened when I saw who it was. Seth. What was he doing here?

"Go now!" Crystal yelled at me as she pushed me to him. His brown eyes darted from his newspaper to meet my dull, brown eyes. We stared at each other for a few seconds, no minutes until I decided to break it. I walked closer and was suddenly grabbed by the hand.

"Uh-" I tried to say but was interrupted.

"Has Xena been bothering you?" He asked with a serious face.

"No" I replied, confused. I wonder what his problem was with her.

"I really need to go now. Your order will come as soon as possible." I talked quickly.

"Well, shouldn't we talk for a minute?" His face looked serious.

"Well um-"

"Stay away from her." He commanded.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?" Stay away from who?

"Xena." He said.

I scrunched my eyebrows. "And why should I? She seems nice and-" I started to say but he cut me off again.

"She isn't. She's dangerous. You must stay away from her. She will do anything to- I've said too much. Just stay away from her." He angrily said. I wonder what she would do if I hung out with her.

"Order is he- oh." I heard a voice say. I jumped in shock and quickly moved my hand from his.

I turned around to see Crystal smirking at me and wiggling her eyebrows.

I gave a small smile, in other words telling her to not tell anyone this ever happened. I went back to the counter.

After that small talk, my head is full of questions I'm way too curious about. Who is this Xena? What does Seth have anything to do with her? Why did he warn me to stay away from her?

Oh what a day.
-------------------------

How was this chapter? The conflict will soon be unraveling. Excited?