31. Meting colleague

"Fuck" I mutter, almost tripping down because of the dirty dishes next to our bed. "Chester! I told you about the dishes like 3 weeks ago and they're still here!" I shout as I pull my shirt on.

I stumple out of the bedroom, looking at the clock saying 10 in the morning. I saw Chester in the kitchen, all focused on doing a card house.

"Are you planning on going back to school?" I asked. After a minute when he didn't pay any attention or interest in me, I harshly blow the card house and causing it fall down all over the table.

"Was that really necessary?" he asked, annoyed.

"Yes" I said, "Pay attention to me" I fake cried front of him.

He rolled his eyes and asked "What did you ask me?"

"Are you planning going back to school?"

"Why should I?" he chuckled.

"You have to finish this cemester. If you don't go back soon, you will have to do the whole year again"

He sighed. "You think I don't know that?" he muttered.

"You need to go to school tomorrow. You can go on your own or I will make you go"

Chester cleared his throat as collecting the cards and putting them back to the small box. "Fine"

"Thank you" I said.

Chester stood up and gave me a soft kiss on my cheek. "When are you able to be a teacher again?"

"I'm not sure.. I have no idea how long is it going to take" I muttered and Chester wrapped his arms around my waist. "And i'm not sure if I'm even going back at all"

Chester didn't answer me. He just tightened the hug and rested his head against my shoulder.

"What you're thinking of?" I asked, which came out as a whisper.

He turned to look at me. "A smoke" he chuckled. He pulled away from the hug, taking a pack of cigarettes from the table.

"Hand me one" I muttered.

Chester placed two of them between his lips, lighted them both and handed me the other. My lungs filled with toxic and I said "Well, I haven't had a smoke since 1999"

"Then why are you starting again?" Chester asked.

"Because you have a smoke every 10 minutes so i'm already addicted to nicotine" I chuckled.

Chester slapped my arm. "Shut up" he laughed.

I chuckled again.

"What were you thinking earlier?" I asked, again.

He frowned. "Nothing... Nothing important"

"Chaz" I raised my eyebrow.

He sighed. "You"

Now it was me who was frowning. "Me?"

"Yeah. Wondering how you're doing with the... broken ribs. Thinking about, it was one of my best friends who did it to you" he said.

"Chaz, you can't blame yourself" I said, rubbing his shoulder.

"It's hard not to" he said, giving me a weak smile.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"So how're things with Chesterella?" Drew asked, looking around the racks. Drew and I had left to grocery store together, since Chester is way too lazy to do the shopping.