Chapter 14 No Remorse part 3

Start from the beginning

"Goldmare, I-I can't s-see."

An adrenaline rush of worry swept over her. Before she could say anything more Nightmare wrapped his arm around her and yanked her back. Jack started hyperventilating when he couldn't feel Goldmare's hands holding on to his.

"G-Goldmare! D-don't leave me! P-pl-please don't leave me!"

"Don't you worry now," Goldmare said in the most sweet and comforting voice she could do at the moment while slamming her shoulders against Nightmare's stomach. "I'll be right back. I'm not leaving you." She managed to slip a hand free and punch a set of visible wires, causing Nightmare's servos to lock up. Goldmare stood up.

With a tick Nightmare's servos went back to normal. He glared at Goldmare and let out a unpleasant sound, like a rusty engine coming to life with a fit of growls. Goldmare heard Jack make a slight whimper. "Shh, it's alright now." She said while looking over her shoulder, not even acknowledging Nightmare's existence. Without giving any warning, Nightmare's hand swatted Goldmare's neck, causing her to slam on to the ground violently. Nightmare chuckled and slowly walked up to her. He placed a black foot on her head, preparing himself to kill the nuisance bear once and for all.

"Quit making a fool of yourself. I know what you really are. Stop lying to the boy by telling him he's going to be okay! You're dead now, Goldmare! And going into a stupid plush figure Wong save you this time!"

"He will be okay. I promised Jack that I'd be there for him. And I'm going to keep that promise. This is what I was meant to do. To give a friend's protection no matter who or what I am!" Goldmare couldn't quite make out what happened next, but everyone else could. Instead of slamming his foot down on her skull, he kicked it instead. Plushtrap stared in horror as black blood poured out of Goldmare's head.

Her vision became blurry. Yet she could still process the words around her; Jack calling out her name as if to see if she was okay, and Plushtrap yelling at Freddy to let him go and for Goldmare to get up. She could feel the rage and enters slowly drain out of her. The damage to her head made her feel weak and fatigued. She let her drooping eyes shut. And for the first time in forever, Goldmare finally got a flash back of it. It brought her serious nostalgia.

She was in the car with her parents, Jack, and Kevin. But this time she was different. She no longer had dull and golden hair anymore. It was its original dark brown. She had both of her eyes, none of which were the dark purple she had known for quite some time, but a luscious dark green, like a coniferous tree. Goldmare, or Chloe in this case, sat in between Kevin and Jack in the backseat. She was chatting to Jack about something and even though he pretended to be too cool to care, Kevin had a small grin on his face.

But the grin slowly turned to an expression of fear. The car. The dark blue-ish car was going fast. Too fast. The scene was straight out of a horror film. Their mother yelling "watch out!", Chloe's and Jack's gasp, the pitter pattering of rain drops on the windshield, and the screech of both cars; a metal collision; and then silence. Jack was left stunned as he saw his older sister with her arms around him, eyes permanently shut, and Kevin was left with a face of stone.

No, Goldmare thought to herself as the memory began fading away, not forever, just for the time being. Never again will I leave you alone in this world, Jack. I'll. Protect. You. From. The monsters! Her eyes opened quickly, almost looking like they had flashed and powered on. She stood up and wobbled a bit. The bleeding on her head stopped to a small leak of black blood and her head pounded like crazy. But she didn't care. She pushed it aside. Nightmare had no idea she was back on her feet. He knelt beside Jack and placed a hand on each side of his waist.

"Get ready for your funeral, kid. It's going to be a fun ride."

"Don't. Touch. My. Little. BROTHER!" Goldmare shrieked and pounced on to Nightmare. She started tearing away at all the parts of his metal form. She shredded his wires, bit his circuits, dented his gears, and ripped pieces and parts off his endoskeleton. Nightmare tried yanking her off his back, but there was no stopping her now. You mess with the kitty you get the claws.

"G-Goldmare stop! You're probably scaring Jack!" Plushtrap yelled as he nervously glanced from her to Jack. Goldmare didn't stop, though. She continued beating down the bear that was useless trash in her eyes while he put up q fight by slamming her into walls and clawing at her arms. With the commotion going on, no one heard the faint beeping that came from all the way in Jack's room. It was six. With a flash of black, Nightmare was gone. Plushtrap tried to process what was going on, but ended up falling on to the ground, a Freddy plush toy falling next to him. Plushtrap got started and jump and smacked the plush away from him. He quickly got up and ran over to Goldmare.

"Ya alright, Goldie? You took quite the beating." He said while tugging on the hem of her tank top.

"Shit!" Goldmare hissed through her deep breaths. "I was about to finish that fucker off!" She lifted her head up and turned to view Jack who looked in her direction. Tears rolled down his face while he coward in fear. He doesn't known what to be more scared of, Plushtrap thought while inspecting him, Goldmare or Nightmare.

Goldmare realized her mistake instantly. She shouldn't have gone all psycho on Nightmare while Jack was watching. She attacked him when she went ballistic on Fredbear. Of course the poor boy was scared of her at this point. She rushed over to him, ignoring the pain and pleads of her entire body to stop all action and to get rest. She crouched so she was eye level with Jack. 

"G-G-Goldm-"

Goldmare reached out and scooped Jack up. She cautiously got back up and cradled Jack in her arms. "You're alright now, Jack. Everything's going to be fine. The mean bear is gone now. You can relax."

Jack let her words calm down his nerves. He never knew what an anxiety attack was, but he thought he understood one now. He still couldn't see properly, but managed to see the outline of Goldmare ripping and clawing Nightmare's outline. Goldmare gently rocked him. He could hear the rhythm of her heart beat.

Goldmare watched as unconsciousness consumed Jack. He passed out in the safest place he could be. She liked down at him and smiled. "Chloe's got you."

Plushtrap watched at a distance, wishing he was capable of doing the same thing she had done.