* For Shyla's sake * *

(1 year ago)

*Lalita*

"All I remember about my pack... uh family is that I lived with them all my life until I was 14 and they left me one night and I never saw them again. I remember being put to bed early a then waking up to an empty house the next morning."

I was looking at my feet as I spoke. When I looked up I noticed that the police officer  was staring at me with pitiful eyes as if he felt bad for me. 'I hate when people look at me like that ' I thought.

"So explain to me how Shyla came to be with you." he said

"Oh yeah right, well a couple weeks later it was about 11 pm when the doorbell rang and when I went to the door their was a little basket and inside the basket was Shyla she was a brand new born baby and there was a note from my older sister saying she wanted me to take care of her baby for her. That was the only note I've ever received from them. Nothing about where they are, how they are or if they were ever coming back just... take care of my baby."

"I'm sorry." he replied.

"It's nothing me and Shyla don't need them."

"How did you take care of a new born baby at like what 15?"

"I did what I had too."

"Why don't you just give Shyla up for adoption?" 

"NO!" I yelled standing up feeling my blood begin to boil. "I will not give up on her like her mother, father and grandparents. I'm all she has and i refuse to abandon her"

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry please, sit." he begged.

"No thanks I think it's time for me to go get Shyla from daycare. I've wasted enough time here. Goodbye"

And with that I got my bag and left the police station. When I got home I walked to the kitchen and began making a bottle for me to take for Shyla. After about 30 minutes i grabbed my keys and left to walk and get Shy-Shy as I call her since she  is such a calm and mellow baby, which is so cute to me.

 And I began another afternoon that is what began my journey with Shyla for a bright new future.