Let It Flow

Don't nobody want no broke heart
And don't nobody want no two time losers (oh no)
Ain't nobody gonna love you like you are
If you take whatever he brings your way
-Toni Braxton

°August°
"Fuuuck." I said to myself.
I sat up slowly and leaned foward letting my head rest in my hands.

I took a deep breath but realized something....unless Camila changed our plug-ins then this wasn't my house.

"Lord please tell me I made it home last night..." I said a quick prayer before slowly opening my eyes.

Exhale.
I wasn't home but it was better than being at Mariah's.

"Morning Sunshine. I'm cooking some breakfast If you want some." Lani said cheerfully.

I nodded letting her know I heard what she was saying.
"You got anything for hangovers?"

"You know where everything is at." She said before exiting the living room.

I laid back and stared at the ceiling.
I gotta do better.

I headed to the bathroom to freshen up a little.
I thought about calling Camila to let her know that I was good and would be on the way home but my phone was dead and I knew she was more than likely pissed off.

"You good...you straight?" Ty joked as I fixed my plate.

I smiled.
"Yeah man."

"You was faded ass fuck last night. I kept telling you to go home. Mariah kept giving you shots and you kept throwing them bitches back, she cool though."

I nodded.
"Man fuck. I just wanted to get out the house for a lil while. I ain' mean ta' get that drunk. Thank you for bringing me back ta' yo crib though."

"You my nigga. I always gotcha'. Ole girl was talking about you could stay at her place till the morning. I wasn't going for that shit. I think she like you or something."

I shook my head.
"Camila find out and beat on all of us." I laughed.

Ty looked around for a second.
"You uhh, you talked to Camila?"

"Nahh."

I noticed Ty's eyes got big.

"Whats up? You acting like she went into labor or some shit. Calm down nigga." I laughed but he didn't.

"Aug, you don't remember what happened?"
I was confused.

"You need to get home like....right now my nigga."

"Wait. Why?"

"Listen, I called Camila over to come scoop you since you wouldn't listen to me. I went in the house and by the time I found your keys and came back out she had dipped on my ass. Mariah said she said something to you and left. Ion' know what all that's about but I wouldn't take it as a good sign especially since she was willing to take you home."

"You think she might have seen me and Mariah?"

He shrugged.
"Ion' know. But I don't think she would get jealous if she just saw you guys together, especially if you and Mariah been around each other for this long and business partners."

I pushed my plate away. I had lost my appetite.
"She don't know." I said lowly.

"What you mean she don't know? She don't know about what?"

"She don't know about Mariah taking over the store, fuck she doesn't know about Mariah period."

"Awe come on Aug. This not a good look."
I stood to my feet and grabbed my keys.