Chapter 11-She Speaks.(Part 1)

*Sapphire's POV

"So, um, can I come in? It's kinda hot out here, ya know?" he says with a small smile.

I am a little taken aback, but I move out of the doorway anyway.

He walks into the door and turns to glance at me. Without thinking, I stand on the tips of my toes and kiss Colton's cheek. He's surprised, I can see this. He blushes, which is so cute, and smiles. As cheesy as it sounds, his smile makes me smile.

"Sapphire?"

I snap out of whatever I was in, and look at Colton questioningly.

"Let's go swimming?" he says grinning.

Swimming. Water. My brother. The day everything changed.

That memory hits me as hard as a brick, and before I could stop them, tears fell from my eyes.

Coltons' grin vanishes and he runs up to me.

"Hey what's wrong?" he says as he puts his hand under my chin, lifting it up.

I shake my head, hoping he'll let it go; he doesn't.

"Please Sapphire? Just talk to me, i'm here for you and I'm not going anywhere." he pleads.

Should I just tell him? I can't just break down every wall I've ever built.

'He's different' my mind shouts at me.

I open my mouth to speak, but before I can let out even a sound, Colton's phone rings, the chorus to 'The Westerner' by Falling In Reverse. He looks at me sadly and says he'll be right back. I nod and he walks out of the living room.

I'm left alone, so I walk upstairs and pull out my brown, acoustic guitar. I begin to strum it to 'Happy' by Never Shout Never.

I end up getting so engrossed in it, now humming, that I didn't hear Colton walk in.

I finish up the last chord to the song and I'm surprised by the clapping. I look up and see Colton clapping and smiling. My heart now beating faster from being scared.

He was now just looking at me, emotions no longer showing. It's bugging me that I have no idea what he's thinking about. I clear my throat and he shakes his fluff ball of a head.

He comes over and sits on my bed.

"So continuing where we left off, what happened earlier?" he says with curiosity and worry.

Oh god, here goes everything. I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. Colton comes closer to me and hugs me sympathetically.

I look into his eyes, they're begging me to go on.

I suck in my breath and finally words come out....

-----Quick Author's note-----

I'll post part 2 separately (: check it out ^.^