Zayn forced to gather all the courage that he could, sitting next to the blonde. And yet, Niall didn't move at all as if he was stuck in that frame of mind. Zayn looked at his feet, fidgeting his fingers altogether, wanting to say encouraging words. And when he was about to speak, Niall interrupted him, glancing back at him with a smile—a fake one at that.

"I'm okay."

Sadness washed all over him. As much as he wanted to dig in Niall's thoughts and feelings, he decided not to push it any further. His boyfriend was going through so much; he was going to wait until Niall was ready to talk about what happened.

Zayn nodded, smiling back at the blonde.

"Want to sleep?"

"Sure."

*****

It was in the middle of the night as Zayn woke up alone in the bed. He was alarmed the whereabouts of his boyfriend not until he saw a light slipping out of the bottom of the bathroom door. The panic in him slowly dissipated, resuming his regular breathing. As he got closer to the door, he was disturbed by the noise coming from inside of the bathroom—a crying sound.

"Niall..." He called out, knocking gently on the door. No matter how he told himself that he would not let this bother him but it did. It pissed him off in all levels that he couldn't do a single damn thing to help Niall. Not a moment later, the door opened, his heart broke in pieces, seeing the icy, blue eyes glossed with tears. His body went automatic, pulling his blonde boyfriend, enclosing him to a hug. Zayn pressed his lips on the top of his boyfriend's head. It was a gesture on his part to let the blonde know that everything would return to normal, eventually.

Minutes later, the couple found themselves on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Silence filled the entire bedroom as the dark loomed over them. Zayn slid his hand over his boyfriend's, caressing it as a way to show his affection. He was a bit startled when Niall broke the silence between them.

"I don't think I can ever go back there again."

Zayn glanced sideways to look at his boyfriend who was still staring at the ceiling. Even in the dark, he could still see the silhouette of his boyfriend's profile. It was beyond perfection.

"Go back where?" he asked, wondering what Niall meant.

Niall glanced sideways, meeting the golden amber orbs with curiosity, and answered, "To my flat. It's not safe for me to stay there."

"Of course!" Zayn replied in an instant. "Besides, I wouldn't even let you stay there all by yourself. I want you to stay here with me."

Niall blinked twice, not expecting the words from his boyfriend. It was demanding and yet sweet. He stared at him for a couple more seconds before pulling his gaze away from Zayn then back to the ceiling. Thoughts filled his head, asking himself internally on what was he going to do now. His life was not so ordinary anymore ever since he became Zayn's boyfriend. It was as if his life belonged to the public eye. He cannot make any mistakes that would implicate Zayn in a negative way.

"Are you okay?" Niall snapped his thoughts away when he heard his boyfriend asking him a question. He didn't even realize that he was spacing out for so long. He glanced back at Zayn, studying every single detail of his boyfriend's facial expression. He saw the worry as the eyebrows furrowed together. Niall also noticed how his boyfriend bit his lip in anxiousness. These little things came naturally to him as he spent so much time with Zayn. He had known the guy for years, even when Zayn was still in the singing competition.

"Yes, I'm okay," Niall nodded his head. "Just thinking about some things."

"What things?"

The fear and worry bubbled up inside Zayn. As the squeaky voice escaped from him, his mind painted him a vivid image of him being helpless again, not worthy enough for Niall.