Chapter 11- My Saviors

Začít od začátku

"H-he said he was sorry. That he didn't want to hurt me. I don't know what to do Pay," I sobbed. It seemed like I've done that a lot lately.

"It'll be okay." she said trying to console me. "Just, come in. We'll feed you, and then you can sleep in my room."

"Well then," I said, trying to sound happy, "What's for dinner?"

As we walked into Payton's kitchen, her mother came up to me, giving me a really big hug before pulling away. "Kendra!" she had a big smile on her face. "Haven't seen you in a bit."

"I know. I'm sorry about that. I'll try and make it over more!" I smiled.

"Well, have you eaten? I want to make sure I can't see your ribcage."

I laughed, and Mrs. Tanner smiled back at me as she walked back behind the counter top.

"The food smells really good. I can't wait Mrs. Tanner," I laughed out. I turned to Payton and gestured upstairs. She nodded and we walked upstairs.

"Should I get Olivia, or Rose?" she asked.

"Olivia, she's the only one else who knows about him." I told her.

"Okay. I'll go call her."

"Is it bad I'm ashamed to tell people I have an older brother? I mean, he should be the first thing I mention when people ask about my family Pay. Instead I tell people I'm an only child."

"I know, I know." she said. I could see that she didn't know what to say. But just having her be there was enough for me.

"Thank you Pay. I know I've been saying it a lot but I mean it. You're a great friend," I say. She smiles and nods as she dials Liv's phone number.

I couldn't hear the conversation, but I got that Olivia was coming.I couldn't hear the conversation, but I got that Olivia was coming.

"Sorry it's so late." I apologized.

"Don't be." was all Payton said and shrugged. "Liv will be here, she just needs to sneak out."

Olivia's parents were a lot better than mine, but they really didn't care where she was. As long as she wasn't doing drugs or something somewhere they didn't care if it was the middle of the night, or if she was 100 miles away. I guess they were terrible parents in that sense.

"I feel bad. She shouldn't have too," I started,"Wait, it's midnight. Why haven't you guys eaten yet?"

"We have, but my mom always wants to feed you."

"That's probably because she knows I don't feed myself," I laughed.

The second I said that, Mrs. Tanner opened the door slowly, knocking. She was carrying a plate, and said, "Sorry dears, just wanted to give Kendra this."

"It's ok Mrs. Tanner. I appreciate the food. Sorry for keeping you up so late," I apologized.

"Oh honey, you're like a daughter to me. Don't worry about it. Do you want me to call you and Payton out of school tomorrow?" She asked.

"Could you? I could really use a day off."

"Absolutely!" she smiled at me and left, shutting the door behind her.

"Your mother is freaking awesome." I told Payton as I took a bite of the lasagna that Mrs. Tanner had given me.

"I know she is!" She smiled out. We chatted for a few minutes before Liv's head popped through the door.

"Hey. I heard it was an emergency." she said, letting herself in.

She looked a bit out of place in the slightly girly room. There were fandom posters and stuff everywhere, but Payton's room still had the pink carpet and walls from when she was a little kid.

"Yeah. Uh, Andrews home. He says he's sorry for everything he's done. I don't know what to do, and he wants to talk about it," I stated.

She just looked at me for a second, thinking of what to say. "How dare he." was what she decided on. Olivia walked over then and sat on Payton's bed.

I laughed. Olivia and Payton looked at me like I was crazy, and I laughed even more.

"He was wearing a polo, guys. A polo. he looked so funny not in his ratty sweatshirt," I laughed even harder.

"Are you okay?" Olivia asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I don't even know. He's my older brother who hurt me, but I'm laughing about his choice in clothing," I was still laughing as I said that.

"Well, I hope this doesn't mean you're insane now." Liv said, and then squinted her eyes, looking at me carefully. She sat back and said, "Nope. You're okay."

"Well thank you. I appreciate you checking," I stated. I smiled, looking at my two best friends.

"What's the plan for tonight? Talk, movie? I didn't climb out my window and walk 8 blocks just to talk for five minutes."

"Movie. Though you guys choose. I'm tired," I replied.

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower?" Payton suggested.

"Sure." I said and collapsed on her bed next to Liv. I really was getting tired.

My eyes drooped shut, and I let myself fall asleep. Liv and Payton stayed awake to watch the movie, but I slept for the next few hours, despite the glow and noise from Payton's TV. I was way more exhausted than I thought I had been. My dreams consisted of so many different things, that I can't even remember. That's the thing with my dreams, I don't remember them because their too jumbled.

I was woken up the next morning by Liv shake my arm. "It's almost noon. Get up."

"Why the heck did you let me sleep through breakfast?" I asked groggily.

"You were completely passed out. But we left the waffle maker on for you. I'm not as bad of a cook as I thought." Olivia said, Payton standing next to her.

I laughed and raised my head from the pillow. I walked over to where I had thrown my unopened duffle bag and grabbed my clothes.

"Now, for today we can do anything. We just can't be spotted by anyone we know." Payton laughed.

A/N

I like this chapter a lot. I guess it's because of all the drama and friendship things going on, and the character development but I like it. I don't have much to say today so I'm just gonna say Vote, Comment, and quote if you want.

Bye Guys!
-Rebecca

(Yes I just signed off with my real name. I'm too lazy to type out my normal sign off.)