Chapter 2: "You're getting real fucking brave."

Start from the beginning

Removing his hand, Bruce took a look around, connecting with every member of the group before nodding. "In."

"Did you get the things I asked for from Prince?" his rough voice carried out into the kitchen where Marcus walked out in order to meet in the middle of the living room with the boys. Looking up, Justin obliged to the beer handed to him, taking a sip while waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, he said that Lyndon should be at Riverside by midnight. Jenson's made a move to team up with his business deals, 2 thousand for every three enhancements given to his drug trafficking."

It took everything inside of him not to flip the table, the anger boiling inside evident from where they were all sitting. Jenson had been a partner of theirs for as long as they could remember, the very start of their business adventures.

With The Kings' out of the picture, Lyndon had gotten a lot in over them, his legacy building with every day that passed. With three of his men dead and gone, he had recruited several other men from Stratford, bringing in some from New York to fulfill his entire team.

"Jenson never did drugs," he gritted between clenched teeth. "He said he wouldn't as long as we gave him leverage over Lambridge's explosives."

"With us out of business, how could we possibly give him what he wants?" Bruce inquired through the lump in his throat. The idea of their winnings going down the drain was something everyone refused to believe in, but with The Snipers reigning in on everything they once had, it was hard to climb the latter with fire coming down.

"This is fucking--" cutting himself off, Justin ran his palms down the front of his face, wiping at the excessive sleep in his eyes. None of them were able to rest with all that's been on their mind, trying to win back everything they gave up for nothing.

"He's ruining everything we built," shaking his head, Justin glanced over at Bruce who sat just as helpless as he was.

"We worked way too hard for us to sit back and watch as he burns us all straight to the ground," Marco practically shouts though his voice comes out in a dull roar, the fight in him slowly diminishing with the days passing.

"The plan was to give him everything so that way we were in the clear, but he fucked us all over. He won, he did everything we didn't. Lyndon is a bastard born straight through his father. The motherfucker knew what he was doing from the start and he had us all fooled. He was smart and he played the cards right."

"So?" Justin shrugged, his eyes boarding through them all as confidence shined through the barrier. He knew they fucked up, hell, it was practically his fault, but he wasn't about to give up. He didn't give up back then and he sure as hell wasn't going to give up now. "We just have to play it ten times better."

The phone was ringing off the hook, several men roaming the halls as they came in and out of the office inside the King's place, each exchanging papers as they discussed what it all meant. Prince had stopped by earlier to drop off a few photographs of Lyndon shaking hands with another employee of theirs.

They had about a handful left, the tight knit group even closer than before. They couldn't afford to lose another one of their own, their partnership something worth keeping.

It was both they were with them or against them, and anyone with any common sense left would know that The Kings, regardless of their current standing, were still dangerous. Making enemy with them was a death wish, one the men present in that house did not condone to pursue.

"I just got off the phone with Johnny King. He said he'll make the meeting tonight."

"Sonny Zandt said he'd be making it too,"