1:

January 16.

"Please Halie, you know how my parents are. I promise I will repay you back, just this one favor!" Delia pleads over the phone. I heave a heavy sigh, knowing that she would probably win anyways.

She has been mentioning a concert by her favorite Korean group, EXO, for months already at an arena nearby where we live. Her parents has been very strict on her going out ever since I had known her. She always has to be out with someone that they know. They trust me with her, which is why she is here begging me to accompany her for a night.

"I don't even know who they are that well, nor their songs," I replied. It's true though, no matter how many times she had played their songs for me, I couldn't memorized the lyrics.

"It doesn't matter, just listen to the sweet melody of their music."

I roll my eyes, even though I know she couldn't see me, "so you're asking me to sit through two hours and waste my time." I respond deadpanned.

"Aw no, you're enjoy it I promise, now please?"

I sigh, "fine, just this once."

A piercing squeal comes out of my speaker, "thank you, thank you, thank you Halie! Oh my god I can't thank you enough! I am so indebted to you right now!"

I give a light chuckle, "alright, that's enough. I know, I'm the best."

"Of course, my best friend ever!"

In the next 10 minutes, the tickets were purchased for general admission. Delia sent me a bunch of links to interviews and fanpages, telling me to look through them before I went. I dismiss her order by bookmarking them instead, and pushing it aside on my to-do list.

It was odd to think that I'll be attending a K-Pop concert, let alone the most popular boy group in Korea. They seem like every other Korean group: singing, dancing, and for their looks. I don't think I could ever understand and live in that world the way Delia does. I feel more comfortable that way.

I stare blankly at the newest signed EXO poster Delia accidentally left the last time she was here. What was 12 guys is left to 9 now. I trace my finger over each signature that matches to the member, a weird sensation coming over as their names roll off my tongue unfamiliarly.

Chanyeol. Lay. Sehun. Suho. Kai. Xiumin. Chen. D.O. Baekhyun.

It settles at the back, processing the name to each face.

I chuckle a bit, seeing how silly it was for me. I couldn't possibly assimilate to the Korean world, not today.

- - -

Been awhile back to fan fiction... I know this chapter was super short but it plays as an introduction to the story to come. Hopefully all of you EXO-Ls will enjoy!

Please COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE!