THREE - I'm on a fake relationship

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I am in the middle of a contradicting decision when a chat box pops up. It makes me nervous. The words are simple; it reads “hi.” The only problem is the sender. It is from him, the one and only Enrique, which makes it more like a death threat than a greeting.

I just look at the chat box and my fingers never move for the keyboard. I am not able to formulate any logical explanations or words to send to him. It is partly because I do not know what to say and because I am somewhat afraid of what he might say or do.

“Hey Cassie, aren’t you going to talk to me, your boyfriend? Or are we in some lover's quarrel already?” He messages me after a few minutes. I become more nervous, and now he even called me Cassie. Few more words follow. “I deserve at least an explanation for this. After all I became your boyfriend without my consent.”

So he wants an explanation. But I don't know how to explain. I know he will just laugh at my reasons and my reasons are somewhat laughable.

“Why don’t you just change it back, then?” I reply. It does not take a genius to change the status back to single. He can do it even without my consent. He may even change his status back to single or even married or complicated or whatever. It just makes me wonder why he even bothered asking me for reasons. “And how do you know I’m Cassie?”

“Don’t answer my question with more questions,” he replies. “I’m just asking for some explanations, will that really hurt you?” Somehow he gets into my nerve. I close my laptop and turn it off. I am too tired for this and decided to deal with it tomorrow.

I am about to forget whatever happened and just lay down on my bed warm cosy bed. But no matter what I do, no matter where I face, the thought of the damage control I need to make for tomorrow bothers me. I feel like this guy won't do anything that could hurt me. If he wanted to, I know he must have done it by now.  But still I cannot let my guards down.

It is just the internet and I am thinking about the things that Enrique could do which may destroy me. He might post stupid things on my wall like he did earlier. He can add my friends or my enemies to tell them that I am lying about our relationship status. The later is somewhat unbearable.

I know I should have blocked him earlier. One click and I should have been saved but I did not do it. I punch my head for not doing the right thing when I have the time to. But then I remember that Dee had already have contact with him. The idea worries me more.

If he had added Diana then it is possible that he had already added other friends and probably enemies of mine. I open my laptop back and tried browsing the social networking site again.

I am a little disappointed when I saw nothing new on my wall except for his earlier post. I think it is better since he had not done anything that may affect me. But moments later the chat box open again and my heart jump seeing his name appear.

He sends me another one of his “Hey!” with that are two emoticons waving their hands and another two kissing. I don’t know what he is up to so I have to be careful.

I respond with a “hey” also and he sent me another smile. He then asks me if I was ready to talk. This makes me nervous again. I don’t know this person, I’m not sure if his name is even Enrique. But somehow, it thrills me to chat with him. Maybe it is the mystery that allures me.

“I’m sorry I used your account,” I start. I do not wait for his reply. The words just keep on coming to my fingers, which are the ones putting them into the computer.  “I am really sorry if I had given you any trouble.” 

I accept that it is my fault and I need to apologize. Maybe he might just forgive me even if I don’t explain myself. I wish he is the understanding type, I hope. “I will change the status immediately,” I then click the status page and changed the relationship status. 

A message flashes on my profile saying “Cassandra Claire is single.” Then Enrique sends me a sad emoticon on the chat box (T-T). “Hey did you just break up with me?” I smile; I think he is trying to lighten up the mood a bit.

“Hey it’s not fair. Why do girls always do that? A minute you were making out, and then later they break your heart, so cruel and another crying emoticon (T-T).” 

I am laughing when I receive that last message. “We weren’t even making out,” I reply cooperating in lighting up the mood. “And I think I've had enough of being in a relationship for today. You don’t even approve of it anyway.” 

“I don’t?” He answers back. “I never said that. Maybe I do approve of it? You never even asked me. Maybe I'm getting bored of being single. And I think it is fun.” 

“Fun, is it?”

“I never had a relationship through the internet before. So I think it’s something different and maybe it could be fun.” He answers again. So he is interested because it is something new. “And I know why you did it.” 

“Did what?”  

“You hacked my account,” he answers me straight forward. “Your friend Diana told me.”

“For your information, I did not hack your account. It just so happened that you left your account open when you left.” I answer. “But you really did talked to my friend” I am nervous again. And somewhat I am furious at Diana. Then I remembered her phone call and how she told about having to chat with my boyfriend. I know it is not her fault, she doesn’t know the truth about us.

“For your information, I did not left my account open. It just so happen that when I went out to escort some friends to their car, you took my computer. And you were too looking at my pictures to even notice me.” He rebuts and that makes me a little embarrassed. He has been watching me all along. “And yes Diana really took your bait.”

Diana believes Enrique is my real boyfriend, but she is wrong. Still I am furious at her. What did Diana tell him? And what did he tell her? This night still promises to go more complex. I just remind myself to stay composed, though I felt like it is the end of the world.

“Diana told me about the reason you made our relationship public in the internet.” Enrique explains. “It was all about your encounter with the girl Kristin. She was also at the cafe, right?”

“Did you tell her that I hacked your account?” I panic, worrying about that idea going out. “Did you tell anyone?” I know I am becoming selfish, but I know everyone does when their life is threatened. And somehow I feel like mine is.

“Nope,” he answers. “But I did tell Diana that I am indeed your boyfriend. Well, I was last five minutes ago.”

I am reading the chat box when I see a notification and I click. Then a relationship request form pops up. It says “Enrique E.C. requested to be in a relationship with you.” And there are two buttons which shows confirm and/or reject.

I go over chat box again typing, “What is this all about?”

Seconds later Enrique replies. “I am just helping you. And your friends think I’m your boyfriend anyway.” When I read this I later realize that he used the word ‘friends’ which is the plural form of friend.

I clarified about it and he answers me that he had also chatted with Donatello. He also informs me that Diana is very interested about how we’ve met and when we started dating. I know I will get interrogated the moment they see me. So my problem just got multiplied again.

“I told them to ask you instead.” He later informs me. “So before they go asking why we broke up, confirm the request.”

I don’t know why, but my hand moves to the confirm button and clicks it. Then Enrique sends me a smile again in the chat box.

“That was a very short call–off. I just want to tell you that I have one condition.” He sends me again. It bothers me. A condition never entered my mind. Of course he will ask for something in return. But before I can type a reply he sends something that says “Just don’t fall for me, that’s my only condition.”  And then he is offline. “Don’t fall for me, my fake lover,” he repeated.

Well I am expecting something like ‘give me some money’ or ‘meet me at some hotel’. I am expecting something material but I guess this makes it better for now.

The night ends not too bad for me. After I put my laptop on my desk I immediately go back to bed. I know I have some explaining to do tomorrow so I better save my energy. I will need it. COPYRIGHT 2012 @ Avaritico. All Rights Reserved.