Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Wala naman pong masakit, love ko. I'm just missing you so badly." I heard her chuckle that made me miss her more.

"I miss you too, love. Kumain ka na?" Nako patay. I mentally face palmed myself upon hearing her question. I just bit my lower lip and didn't answer. Panigurado, papagalitan ako nito.

"Ayan na nga ba sinasabi ko, Ms. Tanchingco. Get up on your bed. Now." She said firmly and even though she isn't with me, I scrambled getting up from my bed. Naisip ko tuloy, is she a psychic or something? Baka naman may CCTV dito.

"Walang CCTV jan, Ms. Tanchingco. I just know you so well."

What?! She heard me? I should stop thinking out loud.

"Yes, you should."

Shit. I did it again. "Sorry. Hihi" I answered shyly.

"Now go to your dining and prepare something to eat. Be it eggs, bread or pancakes, basta magkalaman lang yang tiyan mo, okay?" She ordered and I couldn't suppress a smile. She's the only person I let to boss around me. Not even my parents nor David.

"Ma'am! Yes, ma'am!" I said mimicking the voice of a soldier then I heard her laugh on the other line.

"Very good. I need to go now, love. Hinahanap na ko nila Batchi. No more crying, okay? I almost ran to my car to get you when I heard you sob." She said and it made my heart melt because of what she said. I'm starting to miss her once again but I'm okay now compared earlier.

"Sorry, love. Promise hindi na ko iiyak. Behave there, okay? I love you and don't push yourself too much." And this time, I'm the one ordering her. I know Althea, may pagka-workaholic din 'to eh.

"Uhm-uhm. I love you too, baby. I'm gonna end this call now. Bye, love."

"Bye, love ko. Take care!" Then all I hear was the busy tone.

I thought this day would suck but because of the phone call I had with Althea, was enough to get me through this day. I bought something for her yesterday and I planned on giving it to her when she get back. I get really excited cause I know she'll going to like it.

I immediately went out of my room and prepare something to eat when I reached my kitchen. I started cooking bacon and eggs while heating two slices of wheat bread in the oven.

I was busy eating my breakfast - or should I say, brunch, when my doorbell rang. I wonder who it is because I'm not really expecting any visitors for today. I opened it and I saw Wila holding a grocery bag.

"Hi Wila! Pasok ka." I greeted with a smile while extending the door, so she could enter, but she shook her head no.

"Hindi na, Jade. Dumaan lang talaga ko dito." She said with her poker face.

"Okay. So, what brought you here?" I beamed but she just rolled her eyes. Classic Wila Mateo.

"You're girlfriend brought me here. O" She said while handing me the grocery bag.

"What is this for?" I asked reaching for the plastic bag. It's just light so I bet konti lang ang laman sa loob.

"Hay nako. Ewan ko dyan sa jowa mo. Tinawagan ako at pinadaan ako sa grocery. Ibigay ko daw yan sa'yo." Wila ranted while I'm peaking inside the bag. I beamed when I saw a tub of green tea ice cream, three packs of TimTams and a liter of fresh milk.