14 || falling into place ||

Start from the beginning

"I'm okay," she murmured, an undertone of wariness clinging onto her voice.

"Say, you never really explained why he broke up with you," I blurted, readying myself to jot a few ideas down.

"I don't know," she said in a monotonous voice. "It just happened."

I shifted slightly, resting my back against my pillow. "But surely there has to be a reason, right?"

"Right."

"So?" I pressed.

"I guess, in a way, he claims that I try to change him," she told me.

"Really?" I said, sitting up straighter.

Rule Number Four to Drive a Guy Away: Try to Change Him.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Just asking," I chirped. "Do you still miss him?"

"I miss the memories more than Joseph himself, to be honest," she confessed.

Right. The memories you managed to make in the span of a month.

"Oh..." I muttered. "Mum's calling me. I have to go now. Talk to you later." Granting her no time to respond, I hung up on her and slammed my laptop shut. Next, I settled on texting Blaze a message, one that consisted of the words 'hi babe :).'

While I was in the process of assessing my blue blouse, my phone pinged, indicting a message was sent. Hugging the piece of material to my chest, I sauntered in the direction of my bed and plucked up my phone, scanning the message Blaze sent me.

'What?'

'do u not have any other greeting other than that 'what'? I replied as I transferred into the blue blouse.

'No.'

Brushing my hair away from my face, I replied back with a short message, asking if I can come over, before I turned to face my closet, raiding through it for a pair of black pants. As soon as I located them, I shimmied out of my grey sweatpants, yanking on my pants and then quickly glancing over at Blaze's reply.

'Whatever.'

Another score for Noelle.

With a devious smirk, I tucked my phone in my pocket before exiting the room and quietly creeping down the stairs. I managed to make it past my parents, whom were both in the kitchen along with Nina, and I used the opportunity to sprint out the front door.

I quickly jumped into my car, starting the engine and slamming my foot down against the gas pedal. A quiet sigh escaped my lips as I glimpsed at my house through the rear view mirror, observing as it grew smaller and smaller.

As soon as I safely made it down the street, I squirmed in my seat and adjusted the rear view mirror, sighing to myself. So far, so good. Only question is, how am I going to get back home?

Before long, I reached Blaze's apartment, gazing up at the building. It loomed over me like a shadow, given the fact that it was immensely tall. With a shake of the head, I stepped into the elevator and awaited for a few minutes, before exiting it and advancing toward Blaze's apartment.