Chapter 48 - Revealed

Depuis le début

"Hussain?" I furrowed at him who seemed a little shocked as well.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as I stepped nearer.

"I have shoot, Shehry. I'm getting late already and Aman is waiting for me at the lobby." He replied as he looked down at his feet, rushing in wearing his shoes. He did look like he was catching his train.

"Oh. Alright then. Take care." I said and he for once stood up after he wore his shoes. He held the knob, ready to step out of the house but then he stiffened himself and laid his gaze on me.

"Why are you still up? All okay?" He asked, I sensed concern in his voice.

"Yeah. Shehzaad wanted to go to the bathroom." I replied and upon hearing it, he chuckled slightly.

"He's such a pain in the ass." He casually said and my eyes went wide hearing him.

"Oye! Don't you dare to say a word about him. He's the best!" I got a little possesive which made me to smack his head and he laughed his heart out. Only I have the rights to curse my son.

"Tumhaara beta shaitaan hai. Shaitaan!" Hussain said as he made a face and I couldn't help but laugh. I still remember how Shehzaad toubled Hussain for the past week and that was the reason he was taunting Shehzaad now. But I know whatever it was, he loves Shehzaad more than I do. It clearly showed in his eyes and in the way he treats Shehzaad.

"Whatever!" I replied and right then Hussain's mobile buzzed.

"Aman! I've to go. Bye, man!" And with that he turned the knob and stepped out of the house.

I sighed, closing the doors and just when I was about to walk away, my eyes fell on a bunch of keys on the small cushion near the shoe rack. It was Hussain's. His room's keys.

I bit my lower lip as I kept staring at it. He never left his keys alone. He will take them with him wherever he go and his room will be always locked. Sometimes, I wonder what was in his room that he never left it open? I have never stepped in his room though I have been here twice.

Someone in me had the urge to take the keys but then another part of me told me not to.

"Dad!!!" Shehzaad's scream brought me out of my chain of thoughts and without thinking much, I hurriedly grabbed the keys with me and started walking.

"Dad!!!"

"Aaya baba!!" I yelled back and almost ran to the kitchen.

"Where were you?" He scowled in dissatisfaction upon seeing me, he was afriad to be left alone and I grinned idotically at him. I know I was at fault.

"I'm sorry. I was at the hall. Hussain Chachoo was going to work. So I bid him goodbye." I told as I made him wear his pants and he just nodded his head. He seemed sleepy already when he rubbed his eyes.

I then brought him to the room I was staying and laid him down beside Nida. I pulled the duvet up to his chest and kissed his forehead and Nida's.

"Sleep okay? I'll be back in a while." I said and surprisingly, Shehzaad just obeyed me without making a fuss. I breathed out a sigh and then I stepped out again.

I stood in front of Hussain's room, debating with myself whether I should enter or not. It was not right to break someone's privacy.

'Just go in, Shehry!' My inner voice whispered and I agreed to it absentmindedly.

I inserted the keys in the holes and after several tries, the door finally unlocked. For some odd reasons, I felt myself shivering when I pushed open the door.