Chapter 1

I was startled to the point where I was awake by the sound of Fergie shouting some obscene nonsense in my ear. Albany must have done it. She was using my phone yesterday to 'call her mom' and 'tell her she misses her' so she must have changed my alarm sound then. What a sleazebag...I can't believe her sometimes. I mean, I love her and all, but she needs to tone down the practical jokes sometimes...

Anyway, I finally turned it off after I got my wits together. I sluggishly dragged my limbs out of my temporary motel bed to go to my temporary motel kitchen where I found a granola bar lying around on one of the counters. As I filled my mouth with various nuts and chocolates, I glanced over at Albany who was on the other bed beside the one I was sleeping on.

Maybe I can get her back for changing the alarm sound on my phone. I looked around for some sort of bucket. I finally found one in the closet. After that, I went to the outside perimeter of the motel and scoped out the large container that said ice in huge, capitalized letters. I filled the bucket to the brim with ice and made my way back inside trying to stay as quiet as possible. I also tried to be as quick as possible because it can get pretty hot in New Mexico in the summer, even when the sun has barely peaked over the horizon.

I was almost to the door of my room in the motel when I heard a door down the hall open and close. I looked over to where I heard it and saw Thomas, the guy that plays Newt, lazily slump down the hall. I don't think he has seen me yet. He must be one of those people that doesn't gain their wits until they have had a cup of coffee or caffeinated tea. I tried to find my key before he came close enough to me to notice I was standing there so that I could avoid an awkwardly long conversation about what I was doing, but it was too late.

"What are you doing up so early in the morning?" Thomas asked me. We had only spoken a couple of times before right now, and considering I categorize myself as a shy person, I would say I'm not in the best position right now.

"Um..." Was all I could say.

"Why do you have a bucket of ice?" You looked down at your melting prank and then back up at Thomas.

"I'm...uh...playing a prank on Albany." You decided to be truthful.

"Who's Albany?" Thomas asked. I had completely forgotten that he probably doesn't know any of the crew's names, especially those whom he has barely spoken to before, like me.

"She's part of the crew." I answered a bit glumly. He probably doesn't know my name either. I wish I got the role of Teresa. I had originally tried out for it, and I thought I had done pretty well, but they chose Kaya instead. They did call me back, though, because I apparently asked them if I could be a part of the crew if I didn't get the part. I'm glad I did, though, because I met Albany and all of these other cool people that were in the same situation as me.

I must have zoned out because Thomas was snapping his fingers in front of my eyes trying to break me out of my trance.

"Sorry. You must be busy, I don't want to hold you up." I continued to look for my key, but Thomas didn't leave. I looked up at him with a 'what are you doing' look, and he just gave me a smirk.

"If there's a prank going on, I want to be a part of it." Thomas said eagerly. I half-smiled down at my bucket of ice.

"Okay." Was all I said.

I finally found my key and slid it into the keyhole. I turned the doorknob ever so slightly and slid the door open trying to avoid the ugly creaking sound that old doors always make. Thomas and I tiptoed inside. I went over to my bed first and got my phone so that I could videotape it. Thomas slid the phone out of my hand and gestured for me to start. I crept over to the side of her bed without getting too close so that I didn't wake her up. I started to count down from five with my fingers towards Thomas who was still holding my phone. At one, I placed both hands back on the bucket and poured it over Albany's head. She gasped at the cold chunks of frozen water pouring over her entire body. She abruptly sat up. Her eyes and her mouth were wide open. Thomas and I were laughing hysterically.