Skycrawler

A.N.: If Jaina and Jacen had found out sooner . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Leia relished the faint peace settling over her, the near silence of the med-room, the comfortable pressure of Han's hand every now and then squeezing hers. Han. Han was sitting beside her, his nose buried in tabs of different articles on Viqi Shesh while he simultaneously offered Leia any comfort he could. She was already feeling much better. As rough as their little "adventure" had gone, the little time she'd been back in a med-center recovering had already helped her plenty. And the kids were here as were her brother and sister in-law. With war still raging, Leia knew this peace wouldn't last long. It never did; but she wouldn't let a single moment go to waste.

  A soft knock sounded from the other side of the door and Han stood to meet the nurse that entered. "It's time to change the bandages again," she said, crossing the room to Leia's bed.

  "I'll leave you, then," Han responded. He planted a kiss atop Leia's head and told her, "And I'll bring back a cold treat just for you."

  "Ohhh. Hurry back, then. I love you." She pulled him back down to get another kiss in and Han responded again with a smile, "I know."
  He left just as Jaina and Jacen came in. Leia smiled at them, motioned them forward and they both took a seat at the right side of Leia's bed."I'm glad you both haven't left, yet," she said. "We didn't get much time to talk on Duro. And I hope you two and Anakin didn't cause too much trouble for for your aunt and uncle-"

  "Us?" Jaina interrupted with a comical smile, jabbing a thumb at her own chest. "Causing trouble. Are you kidding? Anakin was perfect. We all were. There was no trouble. In fact, we were angels. It was Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara that were the ones causing trouble. You should have been there. They were horrible. Wouldn't listen, kept lying to us . . ."
  Jacen nodded, settling back in his chair and crossing his arms. "It's true. I asked them something . . . and they lied about it. They tried changing the subject and answering other things. It's almost like they didn't want us to know something."

  "You're only half-joking," Leia accused her twins, squinting her eyes. "What happened? I'm your mother. I always know when you're only half-joking."
  Jaina burst into laughter, covering her mouth with both hands while Jacen started to explain. "We found something out that we're not supposed to know and they don't know that we know."

  "What do you mean? What would they hide from you two?"
  "No, Mom," Jaina shook her head, leaning forward as she spoke. "It seems you have also been left out. I know, I know. What a shame. Oh, the pain, the hurt from such betrayal. But it's true. You see, they haven't told you either. And I think it's something you would be very interested in knowing."

  Leia, her curiosity growing, cocked a brow. "Tell me! Explain now! I don't like it when you dance around something only to drag on a story! Tell me! What is it?"

  Jacen stepped around the bed and kneeled down on his mother's other side. "It' something we've all been waiting a long time to hear."
  Jaina kneeeled down, too, nodding, dragging out the word 'long'. "A long, long, loooooong time to hear."

  "Jaina, what is it?!"
  The Solo twins exchanged a quick look before they answered in unison, "Aunt Mara's pregnant."