Can't Swim - Demyx - [ Kingdom Hearts ]

{ Y /n } was simply friends with the sitar playing male. At least, that's what she assumed he thought. She had been close ever since she had moved into the school district and joined the same music club. Now, as the school year was over, the female had decided to go to a music camp over the summer to fine-tune her skills on the { Favorite Instrument }. Not wanting to be alone, Demyx went with her for the sake of entertainment and the chance to impress her.

When they had both got there, obviously she unpacked her things and got acquainted with her surroundings. They started walking around with a map in hand and occasionally stopping to wave at some instructors or some friendly campmates. On the first day, it was pretty successful for the { e / c } eyed girl. She had met a nice guy name Aise and a girl name Rachie. The two had even invited the { h / c } girl and Demyx to bonfire that they hold every night by the lake.

"Why should we go?" Demyx said, strumming his sitar lightly like the strings would snap. He treated the instrument like his baby and it sometimes made { Y / n } laugh at little.

"Because. They are nice and you can't always hang out with me. How are you supposed to get a girlfriend, eh~?" The female teased. Demyx's eye twitched with a slight irritation, but it quickly disappeared as it came.

"I.. don't know~ Maybe I'll get lucky." He said with a bitter air to his voice. The female laughed and turned back to her backpack that rested on the desk. Little did she know, a certain sitar player was sitting with a grim look on his face.

¤¤¤¤

It had been two weeks since the duo had arrived. Demyx already had enough with Aise. He often saw his { Y / n } with the brunette parasite. He had been scheming since day one on how to get rid of him. He even planned on getting rid of Rachie. However, after careful thinking, what would getting rid of them stop? Even if the male got rid of them, you'd grieve and eventually find someone else. He understood what he needed to do to keep you by his side. However, it was just the matter of doing it.

¤¤¤¤

"Hey-!" Demyx called out to { Y / n }, running to her. The female stopped and turned toward him.

"What's up, Bubbles?" She said with a grin. He hated that nickname, but this time, he didn't pay it any mind. He just smiled.

"Instead of going to the bonfire, come with me. I wanna show you something."

"Okay, sweet~ We should go now then.. 'Cause the bonfire is getting lit." He nodded quickly,

"Alright. Come on~" He said, taking her hand and leading her away from campsite.

¤¤¤

It had been a solid twenty minutes probably and he hadn't stopped walking yet. He was practically dragging the female down the path.

"Almost there~" He said, still walking quickly. The girl nodded and followed.

Eventually they came to a old dock, far away from the camp beach. The female couldn't see any sign of life besides music of the crickets and the light sounds of midnight creatures. He dragged her to the end of the dock and sat down, feet hanging over the edge.

"Do you like it?" He asked, a smile still present on his face.

"It's.. nice and quiet."

"Mhm. I found it and I was so happy about that I did because I knew you liked the water and that you like quiet places." There were problems with those statements. One, she couldn't swim. Two, the quiet was unbearable here. It was eerie; almost as if it was trying to whisper something to her without getting caught by Demyx.

"Hey." She re-directed her attention to him.

"Hm? Yeah?"

"Do you like me?" The girl felt her face heat up, but she couldn't answer. Something had hit her into the water with brutal force. Trying to grab the dock, it was too far up for her to reach with her frail fingertips. The girl flailed wildly against the dark water but it seemed with every time she fought a little harder, she sunk a little further.

"H..un..Ah..! H..elp! D..De..myx!" The girl gasped, but the male simply looked down on her with a smile. He reached down and grapped her hand, but not for what she thought. It was a cuff. He attached a cuff to her wrist with a very large rock at the end. She looked up with a shocked expression and his look said it all:

Die.

The fight was futile, the girl simply let herself sink below and entrusted herself with the depths of the watery grave.

¤¤¤¤

Every day the male came to a certain dock and talked to something.. or someone. His blue eyes focused on the water. Occasionally he'd smile and laugh, other days he'd cry and desparatly apologize to the water's surface.

What's wrong with him?

Weirdo.

He just loves the water, huh?

It wasn't so much he loved the water... He loved what it held. Where she was, she could never escape him. She was his lovely, sparkling beauty.