Chapter 8: Please Jack (Mark's p.o.v only)

I stare at his body. It's so pale. My hand holding his. I ignore my phone ringing. The only sound is the engine and sirens. 'Why Jack? Please tell me why. I need to know.' A tear slips down my face as I grip Jack's hand like he's the only thing I have left.

The ambulance doors open and Jack is rushed inside. I follow closely by his side. His eyes shut tight. He looks so lifeless. "Please wait out here sir." A doctor says grabbing my shoulder. I quickly turn and sit next to the guys.

I feel another tear race down my face. I cover my face with my hands. Crying. Hurting. Blaming. My heart is racing, my thoughts are yelling, my vision a blur. My breathing heavy, fast, furious. 'It's your fault Mark. EVERYTHING HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU! ALL OF THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED BUT YOU HAD TO FUCK UP!' My thoughts now screaming.

"Mark are you ok?" Someone screams at me.

"STOP SCREAMING AT ME!" I retaliate.

"We're not screaming at you. You're screaming at us. Please calm down." I heard a voice say.

I look up. I see people speaking but I couldn't hear them. I rock back and forth. Sometimes silence is loud. My heart beating again my chest. Small breathes, loud beating, then silence. My body slides onto the ground as I crawl up into a ball.

'YOUR FATHER LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU'RE A FAILURE! YOU LET JOSH CONTROL YOU ONCE AND NOW YOU'RE LETTING HIM CONTROL YOU AGAIN! WAKE UP FROM YOUR PERFECT LIFE! IT'S NOT PERFECT MARK, WAKE UP AND REALISE THAT!' My thoughts scream. I hear the doctors talking to me.

"Are you ok sir?" One asks.

"Should we take him out of here?" A male voice says. My vision no longer blurred but pitch black.

"No. We'll take him out of here." A hand grabs hold of my arm and pulls me away from the sound. "Mark. Open your eyes. Please buddy. Open your eyes." I slowly open them to see the concert on my friends faces.

"We called Tom. You seem like you need his help right now." Felix says whilst rubbing my back.

"Thank you for staying with me. I'm a fuck up. I could have stopped all of this from happening. I could have stopped Jack if I was with him in time. I with I helped him before it was too late. Just like Daniel. If I know I would of been able to help him." I started to sob again,

"It's not your fault ok. You couldn't of stopped this." Felix whispers in my ear.

Once Tom arrived we go home and we all relax for a bit. The only one not relaxed was me. They take me to my room and leave me to sleep.

The next day I rush to get dressed. I throw my blue hoodie and blue jeans on before running to the hospital. I rush in the doors and rush to the desk.

"I need to see my friend. His name is Sean McLoughlin."

"His room is 175." She says with a smile.

"Thank you." I rush to his room and see him sitting up. He still looks pale. "Hey Jack. How are you feeling?" He sticks his thumb up and smiles at me. "I know you probably don't want to talk about it. But please Jack. I need to know. Why?"

He lifts his hand and shows he wants me to come closer so I do. I'm towering above him when he tell me to come closer. I move my head closer to his. He grabs the side of my head and slams our lips together. Fireworks go off again and again.