Chapter 4 // Food Fight Mayhem

Start from the beginning

They nodded and we exchanged goodbyes. They went left while I went right.

As far as I know, I don’t want to think about the boys right now.  Because that’s stupid!  Momoko told us that they raised the white flag. They can’t just give up so easily unless they’re total wimps. And maybe they are, and maybe that’s a good thing.  

I took my time buying what mom asked me to. They were grocery stuffs, eggs, etc. After buying the things on the list I went to the park with a paper bag on my left hand and a plastic bag on my right.

This sure is a lot of stuff… I said to my self.

I looked at my watch and it was 4:12 in the afternoon.  OH SHOOT!! The game is going to start in 18 minutes!! No time to watch the skaters at the park, watching this game is important. I have my life on the line here!

It’s a soccer game and me and my big bro made a bet because we we’re rooting for different teams. If I ever lose, my picture with Mr. Waddles (my brown teddy, I know, I know… doesn’t seem like me) will be posted in the internet! That photo was taken 2 years ago when I fell asleep on the couch and mom find the moment ‘cute’.  And now, not a few weeks back… He found the picture in the photo album.

And if I win, I’ll get his dessert for a month. Mom’s strawberry tarts are delish.  It’s mouth watering. I’ll have two! *Evil Laugh*

As I was hurrying, a familiar voice called out my name.

“Kaoru? Fancy meeting you here…” Butch says with a grin on his face.

“Huh? Butc---“

I turned around to face him. That was a big mistake, why would I even face him? Damn. I bumped to someone and I fell on the ground with a loud thud.

“Oh no! I hope the eggs are fine!” I quickly looked for the eggs in the bag and thankfully they’re fine. “Phew… they’re alright”

“Ah… Hey miss, watch where you’re going!” The man who was holding an ice cream complained. “I have to go back and wait in line again… tsk” he sighed and left.

Why would he blame me?! I know I’m to blame for but it was because of Butch! If he just didn’t call me…

“Hey! If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t---- WHOA. You have ice cream all over you!”

So that’s why the man was so pissed off… without knowing I was already laughing at him so hard. He has a cone in his head and ice cream was dripping down his face.

“Stop laughing! It’s sticky and cold, and here—“ he gave me a hand, I was about to take it but he took his hand back, hence making me fall with a loud thud in the ground…twice.