Take A Break

AU where Joker knows that Bruce is Batman. I guess his name's also Jack in this one, following a bit of the supposed origin story from that one movie. Not that I agree with it. But hey.

I'll be doing a bit of sketchy backstories in some of these one shots. Some will have certain AUs and such, so I'll just post them up here like I did with this one.

Also this sucks because it took me days, and I went all over the place with it. Many apologies. It's trash.

-

Paper after paper. Word after word. Bruce had been busy all day, signing or going over certain things that he generally hadn't cared about at all. But he needed to get this done. He kept putting it off until this one day.

Although you couldn't blame him. More and more criminals kept showing up around Gotham, obviously attracting his attention. But that was only an excuse at this point. Bruce was extremely capable of handling everything in a short amount of time. He was only procrastinating.

Mumbling to himself as he transferred a folder across his desk, Bruce estimated that he wouldn't get done for another few hours. If only he had started his work a few days earlier. These stacks wouldn't have existed in the first place.

He sat back for a second, pressing his hand to his forehead. He wasn't stressed. All the time in the world was brought to him, due to his intelligence. He only wanted to spend this time differently, and not at his desk.

Not that it mattered. In the end, he couldn't control how to spend his time. Bruce's free time was made up of meetings, completing paperwork, or bringing justice to Gotham. Of course, there were very few hours when-

"Brucie~!"

Bruce lifted his head up, nearly flinching at the call of his name. "Ja-"

Just as he thought. Another distraction.

The clown prince of crime casually strolled into the room, a pleasant smirk on his face. "Hello, dear. Too busy for a stroll in the park?"

Bruce nearly facepalmed before he realized he had spilled ink onto his table. And hand. With a deep sigh, he stood up and went to the washroom to clean himself up.

Arms wrapped around him tightly without many seconds to spare, refusing to retreat once Bruce was done. "C'mon, bat brains. Take a break, will ya~?"

Bruce only rolled his eyes, looking over his shoulder. Joker was stuffing his face into his back, clearly desperate for attention. His makeup was smeared, indicating he had previously fallen asleep with it on. Normally, others would be shuddering. Bruce, however, thought it was adorable.

No. He had to continue his work.

"Jack, please," Bruce nearly whined, trying to shove Joker off of him. This only made him hold on tighter in response.

"You barely hang with me anymore," he complained. "Too busy autographing other rich playboy's love letters."

"I stopped one of your plans last week, Jack."

"That was last week!" Joker mumbled into the knight's neck, nuzzling deeper the more Bruce attempted to push him off. "Pwetty pwease?"

Maybe procrastinating for one more day won't be so bad, Bruce thought with a short, quiet sigh.

"Fine."

A squeal erupted from behind him, and Joker jumped up onto his boyfriend's back. "Onward, my dark knight!"

Bruce stifled a laugh, carrying the man out of the room and into somewhere they'd be more comfortable with. The living room was the closest room, and the only one he thought of at that time, so he let go of Joker there and gently plopped him onto the couch. A laugh was earned, growing a smile on Bruce's face.

"I did miss this," he admitted as he sat next to the clown, who immediately grabbed his arm while resting his head on the man's shoulder.

"Ya think a billionaire would have all the time in the world to spend with his hubby," Joker replied, simply grazing the subject at hand. Or that's what it seemed, anyways.

"You know I've been busy, Jack."

"I know!" Joker exclaimed, slightly irritated now that he hadn't shifted the subject towards something else. "But you can't take two seconds to just.." He paused to breathe, not noticing how jealous he seemed. "...Ugh, I don't even know. Kiss me or something?!"

The knight in a suit paused to think it over. He was right in ways, but he was talking in frustration. Another swing had taken place, that was clear. There was only one way to shut him up at this point. Joker thought the attention needed to be set on him, even if his plan was foiled a week ago. He wanted more than to be noticed by Batman. He wanted to be noticed by Bruce.

"You're so selfish! With all your..suits and ties...paperwork.. I just-"

Joker felt the silence wave upon himself as Bruce lifted his chin upwards, pressing his lips against his own. He was surprised, that was for sure. Yet only for a few seconds. Satisfied with Bruce's decision, Joker happily pressed his lips back against his boyfriend's. They went back and forth for several minutes, silence besides the breathing and sounds made from the kissing. And it wasn't until about twelve minutes later, yes twelve, where they had to depart for proper air.

Bruce panted, chucking slightly as he eyed his tired out clown. "Am I selfish now?" Joker only rolled his eyes in response, cuddling up against him again. Bruce kissed his makeup-covered forehead, wiping off the white that had came off onto his lips afterwards.

"I'll take a break. Only for today," he started again. The clown looked up to the other man when given his answer, a smile growing on his face. "But tomorrow I really need to get my work done. Alright?"

Joker squealed in delight, turning over and tackling Bruce down. He sat on his chest and peered down at him, the smile only growing wider. "I knew you'd make the right choice, Brucie boy!" He cackled happily, actually grateful that his boyfriend would finally spend quality time with him rather than fighting him to go back to Arkham.

Bruce rolled his eyes this time, not bothering to struggle. Joker leaned down and kissed the tip of his nose, then sat back up onto his chest. "Now, our day is going to go exactly how I've planned it. Alrighty?"

"You planned the day already?"

"Yep!" Joker stood up, making sure he wouldn't hurt Bruce upon getting off of him. "Come on! Chop chop! We're burning daylight!"

The billionaire grinned, almost sarcastically. The way his boyfriend was acting at the moment was purely adorable. He loved the way he'd suck up to him. The way he begged for attention without admitting he was doing it. It was priceless. You could never put a price on his psychotic murderer, as funny as that sounds.

And that's why he stood up, following the clown straight out of his office. Away from his work. That's why he was about to listen to his "plans of the day" date. Because the way he put him in a trance. The way he simply looked at him with those acid-colored eyes.

That's why he was taking another break.