Friends again

"Damon you can't"

I say backing away from him and hitting the closet wall.

"Why not Elena? I thought you loved me"

"I do love you, it's just I need to figure out what I want"

I say moving him aside and exiting the closet. I grab my keys off of the kitchen counter and walk outside getting into my car. I need to get away from here for awhile, maybe I'll go to the grill and see Matt for a while.

Klaus's POV

I kicked Caroline and Bonnie out yesterday after my fight with Elena, she has every right to be mad at me. I'm mad at my self, every bone in my body was telling me not to kiss Caroline but I did because all I could think about was I how I worked so hard to get her and now she finally wanted me, but I love Elena and that will never change. She brings out the good in me and in a way I change her to, I just wish she would come back to me. She's only been gone almost two days but it feels like an eternity.

Elena's POV

I walk into the grill scanning the room for Matt, there he is behind the bar polishing glasses. I walk up to the bar and sit down.

"Elena, where have you been?"

He asks smiling

"It's a long story Matt"

He looks at his watch

"Well it looks like it's time for my break, so you can explain over a bite to eat"

He says. I walk over to a table, waiting on Matt to get here. He walks over with a sub in each hand and sits one down I front of me.

"It's the Donovan special"

He says smirking

I smile, it's good to talk to one of my friends again. I've missed hanging out with Matt.

"So what's been going on in Elena land?"

He asks taking a bite

"Well whenever I went to New Orleans to get Klaus's blood for Damon I kind of developed feeling for Klaus"

I say looking down

He puts his sub down.

"Klaus!? Elena he's done so many horrible things to all of us"

"I know. My feelings for him don't really matter anymore... I caught him kissing Caroline"

I say

"That's messed up"

He says

"Yeah tell me about it. Well enough about me, how have you been?"

I asked him

"Well my mom blew back in town for a few days, you know how that goes she will probably be gone by tomorrow"

Poor Matt his mom has never been there for him.

"I'm sorry Matt"

"It's not a big deal I'm used to it"

"Well I think I'm going to head out, thanks for lunch"

I say pushing in my chair and walking towards the door.

I get in my car and check my phone. Two missed calls from Bonnie, I call her back.

"Hey Bon sorry I missed your call I was having lunch with Matt"