Chapter 11 - Darkness

Chapter 11 – Darkness

•~•~•~•

As soon as class finished, I raced down to the lake. I didn't stop until I got there.

Panting from exhaustion, I sat under a nearby tree in the shade. I rested my back against the trunk and brought my knees up to my chest.

I stared at the beautiful view of the lake with the sun floating above the water, making it shimmer.

I heard a few twigs snap behind me, and turned to see if it was Harry.

But it wasn't. Nobody was there. Must've been an animal of some sort. I turned back around and continued to stare at the view.

"Ginny."

Harry walked up to me and sat down. He too, rested his back against the remaining space of the trunk, his arm brushing up against mine.

"Hey," I smiled warmly at him.

"Hey. Sorry, I'm late. Snape kept me back," he rolled his eyes. "Man, I hate him."

I laughed. It was always amusing watching him rant about Snape.

"So," he said, "tell me about this dream you had."

"Oh right." I almost forgot about that. "I just remember walking down the corridors of the castle at night. It was pitch black, so I couldn't really see anything. But I heard someone around the corner and it sounded like he was in a rush to get out of there before he was caught."

"Do you know who he was?" Harry asked.

"No, the dream always ends right before I find out who the person was and what he was doing," I sighed.

A few more twigs snapped, but looking around, there was no one there. I shrugged it off, turning back to Harry again.

"What is it?" I asked, looking at his troubled face.

"It's just... I think I've..." he started to say, but then thought better of it. "Never mind."

"You can tell me. I won't judge," I smirked, earning a laugh from him.

"Alright. It's just that I think I've had that dream before. Well, similar to it." He looked right into my eyes, making me blush involuntarily.

"Hmmm." I pondered. "That's interesting."

He moved in closer. We were now just inches apart. I could feel my heart pounding, sending warm shivers through my body.

Our lips were so close; I could taste his minty breath. My eyes slowly closed as we were just centimeters apart.

More twigs snapped. But this time, it was caused by obvious, heavy footsteps.

Dean.

"Harry, I was sent to come find you. Dumbledore needs you right now. It's apparently urgent, so I suggest you run up now." Dean said.

"Okay," I sighed. "Let's go back up then."

"I think Harry just needs to concentrate on getting up there, Ginny. Let him go without you so he's quicker." Dean advised. I looked towards Harry.

"I think Dean's right." Harry said. "If Dumbledore requests my presence urgently, maybe you should stay behind. I'll find you later."

I sighed and gave a quick nod. "Alright."

Harry gave a small smile before he started making his way up to the castle.

I turned away from him, and went to cast a glance over at Dean, but my lips smacked against his.