Doin My Thing

I rushed down the highway, just barely going over the speed limit.
I made it into the parking garage, getting the cloest spot to a door.
I grabbed my extra clothes, blanket and charger for my phone, and headed right into the hospital.

Just thinking about what happened was making me cry. I love her so much, I would protect her in all situations possible.

"Where's Caroline Boyer's room?" I asked the receptionist.

She typed in her computer, and clicked a few things. "542, sir."

"Thank you." I smiled going to the elevator, I pressed the 5 button. When I arrived on the 5th floor, and went down the hall, finding the room with the number 42 on it.

I lightly knocked on the door, and entered, seconds after.

The room was dimly lit, only the lamp by her bed was on. A quiet beep rang through the room, and Caroline laid in the bed. Her arms by her sides, and her face pale, lifeless. A tear slipped down my cheek, and down, catching on the edge of my mouth. I pulled a chair over and sat next to her, I set my stuff on my the floor next to me. I picked up Carols hand, it was cold and motionless.

"I love you, Caroline. Please wake up." I whispered, tears now covering my cheeks. "I'll be waiting for you, right here."

I fell asleep in the chair, holding Carolines hand.

When I woke up, the light was shining through the large window on the opposite side of the room. Caroline was in the same condition as last night.

A short nurse in purple scrubs came in with a clipboard, and pen. She studied Carol's vitals, wrote them down and left, not saying anything. But since she didn't say anything my guess is she's ok.

The whole day I held her hand while she laid in the bed, only the sound of the vital machine was making a noise. Sometimes you could hear voices outside the door.

Carter came by and dropped off a burger, fries and iced tea for me. He stayed and talked for a while. He told me LeClair came by to take care of the kids, and would stop by soon.

It's now been 24 hours I've been here. 9am to 9pm. I sighed, rubbing my eyes. It was dark outside the window that once had the shining sun gleaming in. The light from the lamp was still on. I stood up, walking around to turn it off, and lay down in the cot next to her bed.

"BEEP BEEP BEEP." I groaned thinking it was my alarm clock, but once I remembered where I was, I shot out of the cot, looking around the room. No one was around, and Caroline was seizing, freaking out no knowing what to do, I decided to look in the hall way. But no one was around any where. When I came back to the room, the beeping had stopped and turned into one long strenuous beep.
"NO CAROLINE!" I sobbed holding her cold hand.
I woke up look at the ceiling, I was breathing heavy. I turned my head looking over at Caroline and she was the same as she was 5 or so hours ago, when I went to bed. I sat on the edge of bed, held her hand, kissing it.
"I love you Caroline. You can make it through this." I whispered, crying a little.

I sighed and went back to bed.

💖💖💖💖💖💖

The next day, was the same. Caroline laid in bed, and stayed in the coma. She keep her vitals up, she was all good expect the fact that she's in a coma.
The doctors say she'll wake up any day now, and I just keep praying that she will. Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything.

LeClair came by with the twins. They are now 6 months old, and they hung around all afternoon. We ate lunch and played games together.
But Karlee keep wanting to be with Caroline. She doesn't understand what's wrong with her. Neither does Bryson.

"Bye mama." I smiled, and waved at them as they left the room.

I turned back around to sit next to her. The nurse came by and checked on her, I requested a ice water from her before she left.

Throughout the next few days, Caroline still in the coma, people came by dropping off balloons, and flowers, as well as get well cards.

Everyday I sat next to Caroline, holding her hand and taking to her. Every once an a while I saw a muscle twitch, the doctors say that's a really good sign, but it's been a week and she's still in a coma. They said 5 days ago she should of been out of it.
I was beginning to lose hope. But I kept praying. That's all I could do.

LeClair and Carter came by every few days, to come in see how I was doing.
Of course I would say ok, and make up excuses just to keep through the conversation.

By the time it had reached the 2 week mark, we started to talk about special tests to run to check for brain activity and other stuff to see if she's actually alive or the machines are doing the work.

"Hello I'm Dr Eric. And I'll be running the tests on your wife." He smiled offering his hand to shake.

I accepted and smiled back. "Ok, can I come?"

"Yes you can, you have to stay outside the room though." Dr Eric began to get things ready. But the beeping started to get faster. Caroline was shaking in her bed, her head wad tied back.

Dr Eric was calling in nurses and her doctor. They got her calmed down but her vitals weren't to good.

After the tests, I got the results. Caroline had a seizure this morning, and they said it put a bad affect on the results. She has some brain activity, but not that much. The doctors are able to go in and fix it though. They're gonna try at least. There's only a 50% chance of survival. But they said the way things were looking it would be ok. I pray they're right.

Before she went in the operating room, I kissed her forehead. "I love you Caroline, I love you." I sniffed, tearing up a little.

I watched as they wheeled the bed all the way to the back, through the big doors at the end of the hallway.

What's up fam? Sorry it took so long to update. I've just been so busy, but school ends in like 19, 18 ish days👍👌, then I work at camp over the summer in the barn which will be lit.

If you want another chapter I want about 5 votes and 3 comments! Love y'all!😊💜💖💙

Have any ideas, suggestions or questions about the book, or any of my books? Or just wanna talk? Feel free to DM me, I'll get back to as soon as I can!💕