Chapter 17: Stress-Free (NSFW)

(A/N: Contains Sexual Content. Enjoy! ❤)

May 2015
Your POV

It's been about a month and a half since Mark's hospitalization and now we're all back in L.A., alive and well. Mark's back to recording videos, Monica's in preschool, and I'm back at work. It's hard getting caught up on my job with all of the shit that has been happening. I would wake up early, hurry to get ready, kiss Mon and Mark goodbye, and get to work. Today is the same as any other day. I woke up just before the sun could rise. I peeled out of Mark's grip and got out of bed. I gathered my clothes and went to the bathroom for a quick shower. After washing the sleep from my body, I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and lazily styled my hair. My body was still weary and tired. I tipped down the stairs and to the kitchen. To try and energize my body, I started to brew a pot of coffee. While intently watching each individual drop of the liquid fall into the pot, I didn't notice a large mass of muscle, standing behind me. With my back turned away, arms snaked around my waist. I nearly jumped out of my skin.
"Good morning... Sorry I scared you." A baritone voice spoke.

Relaxing my body, I responded.
"It's fine. Maybe I needed a scare."

He chuckled. He placed his warm lips on the crook of my neck and left them. He slowly began rock me from side to side. His calming acts, the birds outside chirping, and the morning sun shining through the window made my work routine 20x better.
Knowing this wouldn't last forever, I tried to break away.
"As much as I want to stay, I can't. I have to work early." I turned to face him. His wild hair was everywhere and his face lacked glasses and looked of sleep and sadness.

"You're always working." He says low.

I nodded. "Yeah, but I need to catch up on animations and projects. I took too much time off and now I have to bust my ass to get caught up. But, it'll all be worth it in the end."

Mark's chocolate brown eyes flashed with sadness.
"You're working yourself too hard. You need to relax."

I shook my head and stepped out of his grasp and went to the coffee pot.
"I don't have time to relax, Mark." Pouring myself a cup, I felt Mark's presence behind me once again.

"Everyone needs to make time for themselves. Stress is a silent killer and I don't want you to leave me anytime soon." He tells.

I realized that he was genuinely concerned about my mental and physical state of mind. He truly cares. I smiled to myself. I put my cup down and rotated my body towards him. I came closer and draped my arms around his neck. He places his hands along my hips. I slowly brought myself to him and lightly brushed my lips against his. He returns the gesture by moving a hand from my hip and cups my cheek, deepening the kiss. Our lips danced together in perfect sync. Feeling his pillowy lips is like kissing an actual cloud. A few breathless moments later, we pulled away, staring into each other's eyes.
"Thank you for caring." I said.

He swiftly pecks my lips.
"I'll always care for you."
We remained quiet. The only sound around us are the singing birds, harmonizing their morning song.
"I want to treat you tonight." Mark breaks the silence. "I want to take you out and show you a good time. Stress-free."

I actually loved the idea. Going out on the town, having worry-free fun. Just the two of us. But we can't just do that.
"What about Mon?"

Mark didn't really think that part through until a light bulb went off over his head.
"We'll ask Ashlee to babysit. Mon loves her."
Ashlee is our neighbor that babysits Monica from time to time.

"Are you sure?" I asked concerned.

"Yes, I'm sure. It's not like she's some (awesome) fangirl, staring at us through a screen. She's trustworthy. She'll take good care of Mon."