SIXTEEN || VULNERABLE

Start from the beginning

He smiles a crooked smile and it's enough to make me go crazy. "You're a very observant woman."

His fingers lightly drag up my leg over the material of my dress, making me melt with anticipation. I'm aching for more of his touch. We've been so distant for days and now I just want to relish and reside in his embrace. I want to leave this party behind and let him take care of me for the night.

"You should stop before I drag you back upstairs," I warn, a small hint of a smirk on my lips. His hand stops dangerously close to my center, my skin growing degrees in temperature as a result.

"Maybe that's the plan," He says, his voice low and laden with lust.

"Let's just enjoy the party, okay?" I suggest, knowing my offer isn't going to earn any traction from Harry.

I also don't want anyone to see what we're doing.

A light chuckle leaves his mouth as he reaches for the wine bottle on the table with his free hand, easily pouring himself a glass and taking a long drink without wavering from my stare.

He sets his glass down and his fingers trail on the inside of my thigh, hovering over my center.

"I am enjoying the party."

I roll my eyes and place my hand over his, keeping it still on my thigh. I like this playful Harry, but not now. Not when everyone is here with open mouths and listening ears.

"Harry..." I quietly groan, moving his hand off of my body.

"Amethyst..." He mirrors as he places his hand right back where it was.

"We're surrounded by people. Stop. Please," I command.

Harry's eyes are locked on my own, searching for a way out. But he fails, closing his eyes and dropping his hand from my leg in defeat. I let out a sigh of relief, drinking my wine and on the verge of finishing the glass as Harry leans in towards my ear.

"I want to rip you and that dress to shreds."

I almost spit out wine across the table, my eyes wide in surprise and shock.

He continues taunting me with words, every whispered syllable tantalizing in its own right. My heartbeat quickens, and only the wine can attempt to slow it down.

I want Harry so damn badly even though I refuse to admit it out loud.

He knows what he's doing; if he can't make me feel good with his hands, he'll do it with his voice.

This is going to be a long night.

///

After dinner, everyone disperses and heads to their rooms, drunk and laughing. Harry already went upstairs and Derek and I carry a passed-out Grayson, his arms heavy on our shoulders.

"There's no fucking way we're taking him upstairs," Derek huffs as we cross the threshold of the house, looking up at the staircase.

"Let's leave him in the living room, yeah?" I suggest. Derek nods and we heave Grayson onto a couch in the living area, walking out of the room and stretching our arms with light laughter.

"This was fun," I comment as we step into the dimly-lit foyer.

Derek nods. "As it was."