0.1 - Surprise, Surprise

0.1 - Surprise Surprise

It was winter time in Mystic Falls, a time where everyone was a little more joyful than any other month of the year. Seems everyone in that town were all jolly and in the christmas mood, it took new comers by surprise.

Lauren drove through the blizzard that had entered Mystic Falls, praying she'd get to shelter before it got worse.

She turned the nozzle on the shift stick and made the windshield wipers go faster as she leant forward to get a better look at the road.

It seemed to get worse by the minute. Dying in a snowstorm was not how she wanted her surprise visit to go.

She turned the corner of the street and parked at a random house. It was a middle sized one, looked cozy. Hopefully the people inside were just as nice as the house looked.

She opened the car door only for it to be shut in her face by the wind. She made a face before pushing it open and got out. The door closed rather quickly, almost taking her fingers off.

The wind froze her almost instantly as she walked to the house. The cold snow nipped at her face and body, freezing her to the bone.

She really hated winter, the worst season of the year for these types of reasons.

None the less she knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. When no one answered she tried one more time and the door flung open.

A guy stood shirtless and a few inches taller than Lauren. He was attractive but not her type. He smirked as he checked her out for a quick moment.

"My car broke down because of the cold." Lauren lied, wanted to snap his neck as she saw him checking her out.

"Would you mind me staying here for a while?" She asked hopefully. The boy looked at her for a moment before letting her inside.

The door closed behind them and warmth instantly welcomed her. The house was cozy just like she had abserved. She walking farther jnto the house and spotted pictures on the wall.

The guy was there, along with an insanely pretty girl and their parents most likely. Now she, was Lauren's type.

"So where are you headed to?" The guy asked as he followed her into the kitchen.

"The Lockwoods. I'm visiting." Lauren said simply as she stole an apple from the bowl.

He nodded and leant against the counter. Extending his hand he smiled, "I'm Jeremy."

Lauren smile back and took his hand, "Lauren."

Footsteps were heard from upstairs and coming closer. Lauren couldn't see who was down the hall but they were coming closer.

"Jeremy? Who's was at the door?" A female voice called. As she came into the light Lauren was shocked.

It was the girl from the picture, but an older version. Her hair was longer and wavy, a pinkish red streak in her hair. She was confident looking, but also had the same doe eyed feature from the picture.

She was alittle taken back it was easy to tell. She was beautiful, but something was off. She had aged, but not. It hit Lauren right there and then.

She was a vampire.

There was no doubt. She could smell the blood on her. There goes her chances. Something she'd vowed never to do is allow myself to like or even fall in love with a vampire. Lauren wasn't about to let a girl take that vow away.

But I saw the human in her. Humanity was a huge part of her, unlike the past vampires she'd  seen. She was the most mundane vampire Lauren ever seen.

"Who's she?" Breaking me from my thoughts she was pointing at me.

"I'm Lauren. My car broke down and I was hoping you'd let me stay a while. Not the whike night of course but just until the storm lays low." She looked at me thoughtfully, which was a good thing.

A smile spread to her face and her mood changed. "I'm Elena, you're welcome to stay as long as you need Lauren."

That brought joy to Lauren's face. She was extremely grateful for their kindness, but was only worried about Elena, which was a beautiful name for a beautiful girl like herself, and her blood thirst.

She'd make sure to keep herself safe for the time being.