15. Love goes through the stomach

Start from the beginning

I hear some rustling as the phone is handed over. "I will ask Kat if she has time to chat with you for a bit." I hear in a faint distance. "Kat? Is that you?" Lillian's worried voice sounds on the other side of the line.

I nod my head but then realize she can't see me due the fact this is a phone conversation. "Yeah, it's me. I am really sorry I ran off like that. It wasn't my attention to ruin your day like that. I just couldn't handle being there anymore." Guilt is eating me alive and I don't like it one bit. The feeling I ruined their special day keeps nagging me. Apologizing to Lillian making the feeling ease off slightly.

"Oh honey, it's alright. Your dad told me what happened. I just wish I knew what happened earlier. That way I wouldn't have invited him to the wedding. Is that the same reason Alyssa couldn't make it?" Again I am nodding my answer to her question. I must look like I am having a seizure or something. However Lilian doesn't seem to mind as she keeps firing questions. "Are you okay though? How is Ian? Please tell me you're not killing each other off already? How's your head? Your dad told me your migraine was acting up again. Do you rest enough?"

Lillian's worrying makes me giggle before I answer the questions. "Lillian, I am fine. My head is getting better, thanks to Ian. And to answer that question in particular, no, Ian and I are not killing each other just yet." While answering Lillian's questions I glance through the window to see the girl sitting across his ears off. "Look Lillian, I have to go. Our dinner will be served in a bit. Please tell my dad I am doing fine and I will try to call him soon."

"That's fine sweetie, you still have a few minutes left for Mia though? She keeps pulling my arm in order to get a hold of that phone again. You got to her." I hear the rustling on the other side and Mia's cute voice, asking Lillian for the phone. "Come on mommy, it's my turn to talk to Kat again."

I giggle again at the image if Mia trying everything she possibly can to get a hold of the phone. "Sure, I have a few more minutes, Ian is busy anyways," I say while glancing through the window, his awkward facial expression and his uncomfortable posture making me laugh to myself.

I talk to Mia a few more minutes before I decide to save Ian from is misery... or not. I re-enter the diner after saying goodbye to Mia and make my way to the booth where the girl is still desperately trying to flirt with Ian. Once I reach the booth Ian shoots me a glare that I can only answer with a sweet smile. "Help me," Ian mouths and I try my hardest not to burst out in a fit of giggles.

Deciding he has finally suffered enough I take the final few steps to the booth before I slide in next to Ian. "Hey baby!" I kiss his cheek and rest my hand on his knee. I then look over to the girl. "Did he ask you for our three-way already?" Ian was about to react but I squeeze his knee, right under the edges of his kneepan in order to shut him up.

The cheeks of the girl opposite of us are now burning red. "I... I thought... You said..." the girl stammers.

"I said I wasn't his girlfriend, there's no lie about that." I say and in the corner of my mouth I see Ian taking a sip of his drink that was now on the table. It must have been brought over when I was outside talking to Lillian and Mia. "I'm his fiancé." The lie came out more believable than I have ever dared to think.

To say Ian is shocked about my announcement would be an understatement. He spits the sip of Dr. Pepper he had just drank all over the blonde who is now looking at me with wide eyes and an o-shaped mouth. When realization has finally sunk in she rushes out of her seat. She raises her hand and in a flash her hand is connected with Ian's left cheek. "You asshole!" she yells right before she speeds away on her roller skates, behind the counter and then out of sight into the kitchen.

Moving over to the seat across from Ian, I take in Ian who still looks confused as ever. His eyes blank, his mouth slightly open and his hand rubbing his cheek. "What the hell just happened?" He looks me straight in the eye, still not fully apprehending what went on only a minute ago.

"Oh you know, just the usual. You got slapped in the face by a girl." I say with a content smile on my face, fully aware it was all because of me playing the girl against him. In a way I feel bad for the girl. She looked to be a nice and genuine girl, not older than a high school senior.

Ian shakes his head with an evil smirk showing. "Just wait and see, Kat. The drive home is still long. I will get my revenge."

Finally another waitress arrives at our table to deliver our food. "Have a nice meal." She says before she quickly goes back to serve some other guests in the diner. Like a dog that hasn't eaten in a week, Ian attacks his burger and takes a huge bite, only to spit it out right after.

"Shit! That's hot. Thanks to you, the bitch put pepper on my burger." He exclaims before chugging down his Dr. Pepper in a matter of second.

I don't even try to hold in my laughter and soon I feel the muscles in my stomach ache. I finally calm myself sown, taking sip of my own drink before I slide it over to Ian. "Drink up. Let's just leave some money and we will eat somewhere else quick. I don't trust my burger anymore."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Here's the next chapter.

What do you think will happen next? Did you like how Kat pranked Ian like that?

Please hit that cute little star in the corner to show your support. It's highly appreciated.

xo Anna