Chapter Four

Previously: Asami was taken to a big field and met a weird girl with pink hair and purple eyes, who introduced Asami to her sisters. Ayame saw that Asami had been cut out of her family's family photo on the news. Hajime was two hours away from his training. Enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Run run run!" The drill sergeant yelled. "I don't wanna see you brats slacking! No jogging! Hey! You! Stay on the track!"

Asami was out of breath. She wasn't used to running five miles at five in the morning. And what was worse, she hadn't seen Hajime since yesterday morning. She was getting worried. And that dream she had last night... It was the same one as the night before. Only this time she felt the knife stab her heart. She felt the excruciating pain, smelled the blood as it pored out of her, heard the pounding of her heart as it pumped out the blood like a waterfall, saw the beast's evil eyes, tasted the blood in her mouth. She could feel the life draining out of her.

And then she woke up to the beeping of an alarm and the yelling of this man who was yelling at them now. He was a scary man. He was bald with dark eyes, filled with hatred. He was a big man, all muscle and absolutely no brain. After he woke Asami and the other girls around her age up, he made them do push ups and sit ups. He counted up to twelve, then stood there like an idiot as he tried to remember what came after that.

Asami never hated anyone more. Except Sami.

She hadn't seen Sami since Hajime dragged her away from her. She was getting worried and a little suspicious. Nobody seemed to even remember her. Weird, she thought. She also asked about the little girl and her sisters, but nobody remembered them either.

After a few minutes, Asami couldn't take it anymore. She had to slow down. Her heart was pounding in her ears, and it felt like it was going to burst out of her chest at any moment. Her breathing was coming fast, and she couldn't seem to catch it. 

"Yamamoto!" She heard her name. The scary man was running next to her. He tripped her. She fell to the ground, scraping her hands on the hard concrete. "Did I say you could slow down?!" He barked. "Pick up the speed! Move! Move! Move!"

Asami sprinted away with new energy. Her feet carried her a good mile before she slowed to a jog. She was panting, hard.

"Yamamoto!" This time it was a little girl's voice. Asami turned around to see the little girl with pink hair running to her. Asami slowed to a fast walk so she could catch up. When the girl caught up, she wasn't even out of breath. "Asami!" She tugged on Asami's camo shirt. "You need to get out of here! Ayame, she's in trouble!"

"Ayame?" Asami asked, alarmed. "Wait, how do you know Ayame? Who are you?"

The girl looked at her. "My name?" She looked confused. "I don't have a name."

"What do you mean, you don't have a name?" Asami asked. "What did your parents used to call you?"

"Parents?" The girl said, tilting her head. "What are parents?"

Asami gawked at her. "You mean you don't even have parents? Then, what do people call you?"

"People don't talk to me," the little girl said sadly. "But, you can call me," she paused, thinking. "You can call me, Cynthia."

"OK, Cynthia," Asami said slowly. "So, if you didn't have any parents, then, where were you before you came here?"

"I don't remember," Cynthia said. "This place is all I know. It's like my home. Hey!" She was pointing ahead. "There's the boys!"

Asami strained to see. There was a group of people up ahead. Were they really boys? All she had seen were girls. Besides Hajime. Maybe he was up there!

Cynthia grabbed Asami's arm. "Come on!  My brother's up there!"

They sprinted forward. They were caught up within a minute. Asami saw they were guys, and cute at that. The oldest one was about thirteen years old. The youngest was about two.

There was one boy that caught Asami's eye almost immediately. He had to be about six or seven, eight at the most. He had black hair and chocolate brown eyes. He looked at Asami and smiled, waving. Asami shyly waved back.

"Coran!" Cynthia called. A boy looked over and started jogging over. He looked exactly like Cynthia, only he had purple hair and pink eyes. He was about ten years old.

"Little Sis!" He called. He ran over and swooped up Cynthia, spinning her around. "I missed you so much!" He set her down and whispered, "What did they do this time?"

Cynthia just looked down. She shook her head, tears starting to run down her face. Coran looked upset as he hugged her tightly. He glanced at Asami.

"Who's your friend?" He asked.

Cynthia sniffed and looked at Asami. A slight smiled showed. "That's Asami Yamamoto. I told you about her, remember? She has the older brother and sister. The Yamamoto Siblings?"

Coran's eyes went wide. "That's her?" He seemed shocked.

"Hi," Asami said, shyly.

"Coran, the girls' trainer is coming," a voice said behind her. Asami. turned around to see the boy who smiled at her standing there. He looked scared.

"Alright, let's go. Now," and with that, Coran grabbed Cynthia's arm, who grabbed Asami's arm. Coran grabbed the boy's arm with his other hand. They all ran silently away from the group. No one seemed to notice them slip away.

They ran as soon as all the other kids looked like ants. Asami didn't know how far away they were, or where they were going. Her sides were burning. She couldn't even feel her lungs anymore.

Suddenly Asami wasn't running. She was falling. It happened so fast. One moment she was running. The next she was falling. The ground came up fast. She didn't have time to catch herself. The last thing she remembered was hitting her head on the hard ground.