Chapter One

"Mommy, can I go to Ann's house?" Little Asami asked. Her brown eyes pleaded her mother to allow her to go to her best friend's house.

"Not today, sweetie. We have to stay inside. Your father said it was going to storm today and I don't want you getting caught in it," her mother said.

Asami ran into the living room. She looked out the window, pulling back the curtains. The sun shone in her face. How can a sunny day like this turn into a storm? She wondered to herself.

"Awh, is daddy's little princess not getting her way?" Her brother Hajime taunted.

"Awh, come on Hajime, leave her alone for once," Ayame said. Ayame went over to Hajime and punched him in the arm. "She's only six, what do you expect? You were like that too when you were her age."

Asami put her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing too loud. Hajime always acted like he was the biggest man in the house, at least until their dad found out. Then Hajime would deny any and everything about it. Here she found out he used to be a little crybaby. Just the thought of it made Asami burst out laughing.

Hajime took a step towards his little sister, but a sudden bang made them all freeze. It wasn't thunder. It was a gun shot.

The door burst open, and her father came running in. He saw his kids in the living room with shocked expressions. He ran over and picked up Asami.

"Kids, let's go. Now," he ordered. "Feliksa!" Her mother came running down the hall, a towel in her hand. Her hair was dripping wet. She was wearing her pretty white dress with the frills on the bottom and sleeves.

"Charlie, what is going on?!" Her mother demanded.

"No time to explain. Quick, down to the basement. Now," He grabbed her hand and pulled her to the basement door. Hajime and Ayame looked at each other and followed. Asami went down first, followed by Ayame and Hajime. Their mother followed close behind. When they were all on the ground, Asami looked up. Her father was closing the door and bolting it shut from the inside. He was on the ground in no time and reached for the candle. His hand froze in midair as they heard the kitchen door being knocked open with force.

"Shh," Charlie whispered. Nobody could see anything. It was pitch black. Nobody dared move in fear of knocking into something and making noise.

They could hear footsteps overhead as people moved around. They heard furniture being moved and thrown. Then everything stopped. There was a deadly silence. Asami was too scared to breathe.

Just then the basement door started shaking it. Somebody found us! Asami screamed in her head. She took a step back and landed in a box. The door was ripped open and light poured in. There was a shot and her father fell, holding his left arm. Blood was flowing from the shot wound.

Her mother screamed as men in black suits came down the stairs and grabbed her and Ayame. Hajime put up a fight but was soon in a head lock. A scary looking man grabbed Asami's arm. She screamed in pain as the man tightened his grip. They were all lifted back up into the kitchen. Her dad was already in their truck and was long gone. Feliksa was crying and screaming at the same time as they carried her into another car and drove away.

They dragged the kids into the living room and threw them onto the couch. Asami went to Ayame, who held her tightly. Hajime immediately stood up and guarded his sisters. The men were shocked that a twelve year old was standing up to them, but they didn't drop their guard, nor did they put their guns away.

After a few moments, a man in a black suit and briefcase walked through the front door. He calmly looked at the siblings like he's seen it all before. Asami looked at the mysterious men and began to quietly cry to herself.