"No, I've been telling him to move out since he got out of college."

"Really?" Her eyebrows rose up. "I didn't know that."

"No, you didn't." I quietly replied, touching Zion's soft, curly hair.

"I done!" Zion squealed to Kalani. She stood up.

"Alright, baby. Let's wipe your face and hands, okay?" She went to go get some baby wipes and
used them to carefully clean his hands. I helped her wipe his face until all the sauce was gone.

"Thanks," she appreciated, taking his small plate and washing it in the sink. "So, how'd you know he was staying here?"

"I spoke to his dad."

"You're friends with Asher?" she smirked with interest, flipping her long, brown hair.

"Yeah."

"Oh... do you like him?" she winked. "He's single," she sang. "Even though he's like 23."

I could just feel myself starting to blush so I turned away before she could tell. At that moment,
the doorbell rang, saving me.

"That should be Candace. Hold on." She walked out of the dining room and I went to pick up Zion. I loved holding him because anytime he was held, he would squeeze his arms and legs
around my body like a monkey would. It was cute.

He played with my hair as I took him into the living room where Kalani answered the door.

"Oh my god..." I heard her gasp. I peered at the person behind the door in confusion. She was
actually very gorgeous, but she wasn't Candace.

She had dark brown hair, beautiful caramel-toned skin, and light brown eyes.

"What're you doing here?" Kalani asked.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"I haven't seen you in years."

I was expecting Kalani to scream with joy but it seemed she had a bone to pick with this lady.

"I know, I know. Just, please hear me out."

I put Zion down on the couch and turned on the TV for him.

"Maya... that isn't a good idea."

"Kalani, please. Look, I wouldn't bug you if it wasn't important."

"I have a guest right now."

The young lady looked incredibly defeated. "Do you at least know if he's okay?"

"He's absolutely fine."

The lady, Maya, as Kalani called her, had tears in her eyes. She sucked in a breath and nodded. "I've tried countless times to see him. Then the one day Asher invites me over, he cancels on me. He never returns my calls, Kalani. I just wanna see my baby. Why doesn't anyone understand the love a mother has for her child?"