*13*

Simon Nessman as Asher such a hot muthafucka

*Asher's POV*

My love life was a difficult and complicated reality.

I was definitely not the romantic type, so usually, I was the one who failed in relationships. But it wasn't as if I did all those little stupid things on purpose; standing up
him or her on dates, forgetting anniversaries and missing important events. I'd been free
from relationships for almost two years, so I used that time to focus on stomping out bad habits.

I wasn't expecting to be falling in love so hard again. I guessed that was just my weakness. One could imagine how astonished - and relieved - I felt upon hearing that
Nolan was fine with dating another male... but I was also very afraid. I also didn't think that Shane, the boy I'd met at his house, was his ex either.

"Maybe you and Kalani can just spend the day together. I'll keep Nolan company," I told Justin as he held onto Kalani's hand.

He raised an eyebrow. "W-well, we were going to see the house after we ate, remember?"

"Yeah, but do you really want him to hang out with his ex?" I questioned. He sighed.

"We can reschedule," Kalani suggested. "It's okay, baby. We'll just go eat."

Justin nodded, not bothering to protest against his love. He faced me, turning serious and giving me a look that told me to take caution.

"If his breath picks up erratically, he's in panic mode. So you're gonna rub circles on his back, hold his hand, and calm him down. Remind him to focus on his breathing techniques because if he doesn't think about it, he'll stop breathing completely and pass
out. You're smart, figure the rest out. Just please don't panic when he panics because it'll freak him out even more. To prevent an attack altogether, keep him as busy as possible. Don't take my seriousness personally, I trained and grilled his ex-boyfriend too."

I smirked. "I can handle it, I promise. I'll call you if I'm concerned."

"Alright. Thanks." Justin released Kalani's hand and moved closer to the stairs. "Nolan!" he called.

"Yeah?" came the angelic voice, then some thumps on the staircase. He came into view, his school outfit now changed to regular, stay-at-home clothes. His carefully-styled hair was now a mess, but it looked better that way if I were to be honest.

"Asher wants to keep you company, so... Kalani and I are gonna just go out to eat and some other things. I'll see you soon okay?"

"Okay. Drive safely."

"I will." Justin pulled his brother into a hug before saying goodbye and letting go.

"Hi, Nolan!" Kalani waved, a bright smile on her naturally tan face. She ran up to him then caught him in a tight hug, rocking him from side to side. "Oh, my baby!"

Nolan chuckled. "Hey, Kalani. I never got to see your ring." He beamed and examined the ring on her finger. "Oh, man, Justin. That looks expensive."

Justin shrugged. "It... yeah, it was."
Kalani laughed and grabbed Justin's hand again. "I heard you were in the hospital, Nolan. I couldn't come see you like I wanted, but I'm so glad you're okay."

"Yeah. Thanks."

"Okay. We're gonna head out." Justin led his fiancée out the house and Nolan took the liberty of locking the door after them. He sighed and turned to me, clasping his hands together.

"You're okay?" I queried, stepping a bit closer. He nodded quickly and sucked in a deep breath.

"Just fine. Um, what should we do?"