*1*

**Matt Lanter as Shane**

*Shane's POV*

"You're an idiot, do you know that?"

He shrugged, gazing at me with his mesmerizing hazel eyes. "I've been told."

"And this is all your fault, you know that, too, right?" I rolled over on his bed, onto my stomach, so that I could get a better look at him.

He rolled his eyes and let out an exaggerated sigh. "It seemed different in my head. You know, I didn't actually think you guys would like... date-date!"

I face palmed then dragged my hand over my face lazily. "Jace..." I couldn't even place my words. "I warned you. I warned you."

He flung his arms up in his defense. "I was just trying to make him forget that girl of his, plus his life was practically on the line here."

I gave him a droll look. "His life was on the line?" I repeated for clarification.

"Well... yeah, he could've hyperventilated himself to death without you, right?"

"Jace."

"Yes, Shane?" he pouted, knowing what I was about to say.

"You're an idiot... do you know that?"

"Yeah."

"Good." I got into a sitting position to be level with him. I had driven out to Louisburg to visit him like I did every weekend since we started seeing each other again. After he left, it took four months before we decided to meet up in person. He'd been going to therapy and 'finding himself' as he put it, and I remained supportive. But somewhere in the time we were apart, I had to admit I'd developed a little bit of feelings for Nolan Reeds. I remember when I told him, and he was quiet but he told me he wasn't going to stand in the way. Of course, nothing I felt for anybody could ever compare to my love for Jace.

So here we were, several months later.

"So, did you change friends?" I asked. It seemed that every week I came here, Jace had new friends because he hated everyone at his school. The pro was that majority of his school was accepting of the LGBT community, and he was currently on the football team there.

"Nope." He flashed a proud smile. "I've finally got my ideal friends. Zeke, Torrence, and Xenia. What about you? How's that Darren kid coming along?"

I chuckled, remembering I was yet to spill the news. "Oh, god."

Jace grinned. "What? Tell me!" he shook my arm.

"He's dating Tyler."

Jace's eyes widened. "Tyler Mackey, Tyler? Like, your ex, Tyler?"

I rubbed my eyes with a nod. "I have to hear them fucking, Jace, and it's... it gets wild with those two."

Jace held up a finger, standing up with a grimace. "Excuse me while I go erase that image from my brain." He walked over to his restroom.

"What brain?" I called out as he shut the door. His laughter trailed out and I smiled. "I swear to god, Jace, if you're wanking in there again-"

"It was one time, let it go, Shane!"

I stood up, crossing the room. "I'll be downstairs!"

"'Kay!"

I opened his room door and jogged down the stairs, reaching the bottom. I saw Jace's sister, Gwen, making herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Hey, Gwen." I sat on the stool, facing her.

"Oh, hey, I didn't know you were here. I'm glad you are because Jace won't shut up about you."