Gay Boys From Venus

"Mom, almost-Dad, I swear to the lord himself that this kid is practically an alien" Ashely laughed, passing her step father a bowl of carrots.

"Did you say alien?" Josh asked eyes wide, hands gripping the yellow table cloth.

"Yeah, what are ya, deaf or something" she snapped, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Tell me the story" Josh smiled bouncing on his chair.

"Go on, honey. Your brother is curious"

"Step-brother" Ashley groaned before continuing "anyway there's a new kid, his name's Tyler, we're basically best friends and he's really ugly like your friend Pete"

"What did you mean by alien?" He asked, not sure whether to be offended by her calling his best friend ugly.

"Well for starters he likes certain things boys shouldn't like" she said, watching her step-father shake his head in disapproval.

"Like what?" Josh asked, more confused than ever.

"You know the rhyme, boys live on Jupiter to get more stupider and girls live on Venus because they like peni- well you get it" she sighed, placing her fork down before continuing "let's just say Tyler is from Venus because, eh you can put two and two together"

"Wait let me get this straight, your new best friend is from Venus?" He said, gawking at her in amazement.

"For the second time, yes doofus"

"Dad, can I use the p-phone real q-q-quick?" Josh stuttered, standing up

"Be fast" he said, as Josh jumped up from the chair and ran into the living room to dial Petes number.

"Pick up pick up" he muttered, bouncing on his toes as he twirled the phone chord around his finger.

"Wentz residence, Dale speaking"

"Hi Mrs Wentz, it's Josh could I please speak to Pete"

"Of course honey, just let me go get him"

Josh tapped his foot impatiently knowing it would take Pete at least two minutes to get to the phone.

You see, Petes house was massive and he often found himself laying on his roof using his dad's telescope to look at the sky, Pete loved the sky.

Pete was given all these extraordinary privileges that other Jamaican kids like him couldn't have, maybe the only reason he lived in such luxury is because his dad was white and extremely intelligent, having a pair of scientists for parents could've assisted in the whole privilege thing.

"P-Weezy, how can I assist?"

"Pete, it's me Josh"

"Oh hey my best bud in the whole wide world"

"Not now, Pete, I have some big news. Are you sitting down?"

"Yeah, why?" Pete sharply exhaled gripping onto the telephone chord.

"I found an alien"

"No you're lying!" Pete screamed

"Dude I'm not"

"How, man, dude, bro, oh gosh"

"Ashley said there's a new kid from Venus"

"Maybe she meant it in a metaphorical way like as in he likes peni-"

"Pete, no that doesn't even make sense"

"Okay so what's the game plan?"

"We walk into school, find this 'Tyler' guy and persuade him into spilling all of his extraterrestrial secrets"

"Easy" Pete smiled "I gotta go dude but get some lines down, we gotta have speeches prepared for when we get awarded for finding aliens"

"Will do" he grinned, putting the phone down.

"Josh, he's not a literal alien. You know that right?" Ashley laughed, sitting on the couch.

"Too late Ashley, we already know. He is an alien stop trying to trick me"