It's The 70's And Pete Has Dreads

1974

"This is boring" Pete groaned, sinking lower in his chair.

"Dude, this is real this time" Josh grinned goofily, looking through his telescope.

"We're not even professional alien hunters yet, we're still kids. Fifteen year olds aren't ever believed when it comes to these kind of things!" Pete snapped, popping the cap on a bottle of Dr. Pepper "besides every time we've ever gone alien hunting we've never found anything" he continued in-between sips .

"You gotta be quiet" Josh whispered, nudging Petes stomach "or Ashley is gonna nark on us"

"Josh, can we go inside? its cold and I'm hungry" Pete frowned checking his watch "it's 8:45pm, mom would flip her noodle if she found out I was up this late in the actual literal wilderness"

"fine" Josh sighed, folding up his chair and dragging it across the lawn "but you're buying me strawberry milk tomorrow"

»

"and then, the aliens came down and totally beat Pete up they were pulling at his dreads and then, I started fighting the aliens, and then I got shot with plasma-goo stuff from the aliens gun and then, and then you'll never guess what happened!"

"The aliens disappeared, like every other time you losers, go outside at night" Ashley yawned, stirring her spoon around in her lucky charms.

"Ashley, be nice to your brother" her mom cooed rubbing her shoulders.

"step-brother" she replied coldly, pushing her bowl away from her.

"Pete and I might walk to school today" Josh said, getting off his chair, Pete doing the same.

"Good, I'd rather be dead than get on the same bus as you dweebs"

"Rude" Pete whispered, pulling on his boots.

"Bye boys, Pete are you staying for dinner tomorrow night as well?" the almost-Mrs Dun asked.

"Nope, got church with Ma" he responded twirling his thick dreads around his fingers.

"Bye" Josh called out, grabbing the two brown paper bugs off the counter and handing one to Pete before tugging on his arm and leading him out the door.

Josh opened his umbrella and held it above him and Pete.

"Ashley's a jerk" Josh mumbled, kicking a rock into a muddy puddle.

"I guess all sisters are, I mean i don't have any siblings but look at Cinderella, her step sisters were rude as" Pete said, transferring the contents of the lunch that Ashley's mom had made for him into his alien lunchbox.

"True" Josh smiled nodding his head.

"I got a few dollars if you want that strawberry milk now" Pete said, pulling some loose change from his saggy jean pockets.

"Corner store is just there, let's go!" Josh exclaimed, shaking off his umbrella.

"Sick" Pete whispered walking into the corner store, Josh following behind, playing with the beads hanging from the door.

"Has it ever occurred to you that maybe one day, corner stores might not even exist" Josh said, standing on his tippy toes to grab strawberry milk from the top of the refrigerator.

"When we're dead do you think we'd of found aliens yet?" Josh asked, as Pete grabbed a handful of bubblegum sticks from the shelf and placed them on the counter.

"The future is scary, let's not talk about it" Pete said tossing the cashier his money and walking out.

"That doesn't answer my question"

"By the time we're thirty we'll be living on Mars, if David Bowie says so it has to be true"

"I don't think that's what he said" Josh questioned back, raising his eyebrows.

"It's called 'context' my friend"

-a.n apparently only some people could access this so, republish i guess ?

drink your water.