Chapter 1

DST2: ch 1

After being forced to go to the guys' swim team meet I actually don't mind it. I was only forced by my best friend, Kasey, because her boyfriend is on the team. Don't get me wrong I love swimming, we even both swim for the girls' team. Also Kasey, her boyfriend, and I are all best friends. We walk into the pool room, and I notice it is quite warm- I wish I was the one swimming. We sit right at the bar that separates the seats from the actual pool deck.

Where everyone sits is raised a little from the actual pool deck. The guys aren't out yet, so I just look around the pool room. The water is crystal clear; you can see the blue lines at the bottom of each lane. The covers are off all the six lanes' blocks, and the lane lines are in supporting our school colors. The alternating blue and black lane line plastic pieces float across the pool clearly defining where each lane is. Everything is quite in here now apart from the little chatter the crowd is making, that is until the guys come out yelling and cheering. The quite is now gone as the guys pile onto the pool deck.

"Tom said he has to swim the 200 IM." Kasey says next to me. I look at her with wide eyes.

"Are you kidding me?" I question. Like I mentioned before we swim for the girls' team, so I know just how bad a 200 IM is. Or at least how bad I think it is. She shakes her head at me.

"He told me he can do it. I don't know if he meant it though. Last time he did it he hurt his shoulder."

"I think he can." I assure her. "He has been practicing it a lot, and Tom told me coach is happy with his improvement." I smile.

We both look down to the guys. Tom, Kasey's boyfriend, looks up to us smiling as he waves at us. We wave back as the one and only Drake Adams grabs Tom's attention. Tom looks at him smiling laughing at whatever Drake says. Drake is six one and has dark brown hair that is a perfect length, not too long not too short, and he has forest green eyes. His defined abs are on full display thanks to his bathing suit. Not to mention his tattoos, he has a full sleeve on his right arm while his left only has a pattern going up and onto his shoulder. He also has what seems to be some sort of flower by his defined v, which seem to be connected with the pattern like the arm.

Let's just get the record straight, Drake is the most attractive guy in our grade, and he knows it. Not to mention he is the star student of our school. Tom and Drake look up to us, and I swear all the girls around us are squealing. He smirks his signature smirk, and I roll my eyes.

If you thought I am with all the girls drooling over him then you are wrong, dead wrong. Kasey doesn't like him either, and it is not just because she is dating Tom. We just know there is no shot, so why try. Then there also is the fact that he is a total cocky jerk. They walk up to the bar separating us, and Kasey pulls me to it. She leans over as Tom goes on his toes, and pecks her on the lips. Tom looks at me as I ignore Drake's presence.

"Hey Lyndsey, how are you doing?" Tom asks, his brown eyes sparkling with happiness.

"You mean from just last period?" I ask smiling. He rolls his eyes at me. "I'm fine. Are you nervous?" I ask. He opens his mouth to respond, but Drake beats him to it.

"Now, why on earth would Tom, here, have to be worried?" He asks slinging his arm around Tom's shoulders.

"I didn't ask you." I say tiredly.

"Tom will do fine though." Drake says.

"Yeah, Tom you got this." Kasey says smiling at him. He looks up at her grinning.

"Thanks Kasey." He responds reaching up to kiss her, again. I glance at Drake, who is watching me smiling.

"Can I help you?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest. He shakes his head at me chuckling.