My husband was not who I thought he was going to be...

Rose

I laid on my side of the bed nervously. Next to me laid a man with a strong back, broad shoulders, and incredibly handsome by any standards. In any other situation I bet I would have jumped at this opportunity. There were just a couple of small problems. The first being that this man should have been by brother-in-law a few hours ago, instead he became my husband. How you may ask? That's a damn good question.

My ex fiancee, Matt, called me right before I was about to start walking down the isle, and broke up with me. He was over at another women's house when we were supposed to be getting married. I was absolutely heartbroken and distraught. A wedding is something most women dream of since they were little. So seeing my expression my ex's little brother, Heath, offered up a solution. He would marry me. At first I thought was you're probably thinking right now. WHAT THE EFFING HELL?!

Then he made himself clearer. This would be a contract marriage that lasted only for one year. You see his parents were going to give the family company to whichever brother got married first. They had three sons. The youngest one still in high school so obviously too young to get married. The eldest being the douchebag that left me at the altar. Which is probably why the douchebag wanted to marry me in the first place, then had promptly told me I was too plain to satisfy him. Which meant if Heath got married now the company would be his.

At that point I was still skeptical. That would be wonderful for him, but, not to sound selfish, what about me? Which is when he asked if I wanted revenge. He said he would make his older brother insanely jealous and wishing he had never left me at the altar. Call me petty, but I was sold. Before you judge you get left at the altar once and then tell me how you feel.

So just like that it was decided we would be married. Obviously all the guests were surprised, but my in-laws were just happy they were getting me in their family somehow. You see even though Matt was a complete ass it definitely did not run in the family. They were the sweetest people I had ever met. We had grown quite close over the years Matt and I had been dating. By the time the ceremony had ended I was emotionally exhausted. Especially after I had to kiss Heath at the end of the ceremony. Eletrical currents had shot up my spine from the barest touch of his velvet soft lips. I blamed it on nerves.

Then came the bouquet toss. As fate would have my sister caught it. She was esctatic. Probably because she was older than me and still wasn't married. Then came the embarrasing part. The garter. I blushed furiously as he reached up the skirt to get it. I resisted the urge to squirm as his fingers brushed my thigh and then the rest of my leg as he pulled it down. I wasn't paying attention to who caught it but I did hear my sister squeal. At least someone was happy one my wedding day.

That ladies and gentlemen is how I ended up married to Heath. Now you're probably wondering why we ended up sleeping in the same bed together. Well he said he would sleep on the floor. I couldn't let him do that after he saved me from so much embarrassment. After arguing back and forth a little bit we decided that we could both sleep in the bed.

That's how I ended up sleeping next to a gorgeous man who happened to be my husband that I didn't know very well at all. I thought my heart was ready to beat its way right out of my chest. I had no idea how I was going to get to sleep that night. I turned my back to him screwing my eyes shut willing myself to go to sleep. Suddenly a muscular arm snaked its way around my waist. My heart rate sped up even more...I hadn't thought that was even possible. I turned my head and saw that his eyes were still closed. So he must have done that in his sleep.

Soon his comfortable warmth seeped through me making it easy for sleep to consume me.

When I woke up in the morning I was in a completely different position then I had fell asleep in. My face was buried in Heath's built but still comfortable chest, our legs were entangled, and our arms were around each other holding us flush against each other. Obviously I had the reaction any girl would have. Oh my freaking god! He looked so attractive even when he was asleep. Then of course I blushed like anyone would do. Believe me if you had ever seen Heath you would have known what I was talking about. He could be ripped out of any girl's dirty fantasy. He had dark unruly hair, it was a shade away from inky black, which was the very definition of sexy always tousled like he had just rolled out of bed, and not to mention the greenish hazel eyes that tended to change color depending on what he was wearing. He had to be at least 6ft2in and had an amazing body.