Chapter 58: Worlds Away

Start from the beginning

If I wear a loose shirt or a sweater, it's unlikely that most people would be able to notice.

But if I wear a tighter shirt, than the bump does stick out quite significantly.

Chaunette and Natalie say that they have started to notice the bump, and Jennifer and Patrick say the same thing.

When I'm sitting down, it's more prominent because it's perfectly round and pops out even more.

Today, I am wearing a loose black v-neck with a pair of leggings.

I'm trying to keep everything comfortable, of course.

"Well, I'll leave you to your work, I should get started on my work anyways." Jennifer laughs, as she turns on her heel to leave my office.

"I'll talk to you later, Jenn." I say, nodding upwards.

"Sounds good!" She giggles, flashing me two thumbs up.

I laugh, shaking my head as I turn my eyes back to my computer.

I finish downloading the photos I took at work yesterday, and then my eyes wander towards the photograph of Patrick and I sitting in a silver frame on the corner of my desk.

I smile, watching it carefully.

It was taken only a few weeks after we started dating.

In the photograph, he's giving me a piggy back and I am in the middle of laughing.

His hands are wrapped around the backs of my knees, and he's laughing as well, as his blonde curls stick out the back of his flat brim hat.

And as I stare at this photograph, my mind reminiscing through all the years we have been together, I find it strange just how young we look in that picture.

It was taken six years ago; which in retrospect isn't that long ago.

But it feels like it is.

And so much has changed in those six years.

We look like children.

And if someone had told me at that time that the boy in that photograph will eventually end up being my husband and the father of my child, I would have been shocked.

Overjoyed, but shocked.

I shake myself out of my thoughts, as I continue doing my work on the computer.

The Hawks are on another road trip, and will be back in just over a week.

They left last night.

Right now, they are in Florida for games against the Lightning and the Panthers.

I find that my pregnancy hormones are far more intense, when Patrick is gone.

I have this longing for him, and nothing satisfies it, other than Patrick himself.

Not having him, really sets the hormones off.

It's quite frustrating, actually.

I've never thought of myself as the type of girl who relies on a boy for something.

I've always made sure that I am independent on my own, and that I am a strong and intelligent individual who doesn't need a man to tell me that.

But everything changes when you're pregnant.

And when I'm pregnant, I need Patrick more than ever.

The feelings of missing him come and go, but thankfully, today, they aren't too intense.