Remember Me. (Kylo Ren)

"Ben?" I whispered opening the door to his quarters.

No response.

"Ben!" I whispered yelled attempting not to wake any of padawans up.

Again no response.

I was about to leave when a hand covered my mouth causing me to scream in fright.

"Stay quiet the others could wake at any time ." The familiar voice warned .

I nodded my head in acknowledgment as the hand was released.

I turned around to see Ben fully dressed with a bag on his bed.

I looked down in sadness. "You're leaving, aren't you?"

"I've been planning on leaving for a long time Y/n, but something stopped me from leaving." He sighed.

"What?" I asked on the brink of tears.

Ben was my best friend and one of the few people who actually cared about my existence here. He befriended me when everyone else thought I was a traitor, for my family heritage tracing back to the Galactic Empire.

He tilted my head up so I looked him in his beautiful brown eyes.

"You." He smiled sadly.

"Why me? I'm just another padawan, I'm nothing special." I elaborated.

"You are to me. Which is why I must leave." He confessed.

"My mind is being torn apart by just being in this place. If I stay here any longer I may hurt people I care dearly about. I might hurt you." He whispered.

"I love you, Y/n. I'm leaving so you'll be safe from me." He said holding my hand which was small in comparison to his. "Take this so you won't forget me. I won't be needing it where I'm going."

In his other hand was his lightsaber.

I shook my head. "Ben you spent entirety of three days meditating to create your lightsaber. I couldn't take something so precious."

"Please. That way a part of me will always protect you." He insisted.

I nodded. "Then take this."

I took out my pocket knife and cut my padawan braid.

"It's customary to give this to someone important in your life. Master Skywalker said that I can't pass the trials the old way, but that I am a Jedi Knight now for the trials in my future. That's why I came over to talk to you." I explained.

Ben carefully took the braid in his hand and smiled. "I'll always treasure this Y/n, I promise."

He turned to leave when I finally built up the courage to say something I've wanted to say for a long time.

"I love you too." I professed.

He immediately turned around and smashed his lips against mine for what seemed like ages.

As we broke the bittersweet kiss, he rested his forehead against mine. "I promise I'll come back to you when I'm strong enough."

As he left, leaving me in that same spot I felt a dampness on my cheeks.
Dampness from tears. Not my tears, but Ben's.