The Unexpected Change

~Juno's POV~

Maria and I dashed off to the other side of the four wolves and shot their stomach. They howled, but Brandon shot down their throat. They whined and tried to run off, but Lucas and I shot their paws. Maria dashed over and shot their brains off. One still survived, but Brandon shot it again. We all breathed heavily, walking away from the lifeless bodies of wolves.

"Damn," Lucas began. "Those mutts sniffed her out, huh?"

I nodded. "Yeah, if they didn't, then we would already be at HQ." We walked back to the limo. Everything looked fine, but something seemed amiss.

"Why is quiet?" Maria asked before opening the door. She shrieked and jumped back. We ran to her side. In the car wasn't Noelle, but a wolf's head as a replacement. In the driver's seat, Tarry was nowhere to be found. On the other side of the car, there was a trail of blood from the car to the forest.

"Hey guys? I think Noelle did something." I said, pointing at the trail.

"No kidding. Let's go check out what she did." Lucas said, following the blood trail. We all gave each other nervous looks before following him. It went for two miles and stopped at an open-spaced battlefield. Noelle was right there, standing in the middle of the pool of blood. Her hands were dripping, smears of blood covered her face, and piles of wolf body parts were piled by part behind her. Tarry was tied on the ground. He seemed uncautious.

Noelle had a smile on her face, in a childish way. "Are you having fun yet?" she said, walking closer. The two wolves backed up.

"Don't come any closer!" one of them yelled. She giggled sweetly. Her left eye was deep red. One moment, she was standing in front of them; the next, she was holding the wolf's neck.

"NO!" the wolf shrieked. "Don't-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence. She already removed his head forcefully from his body. She laughed as she threw the head in it's pile. She begun ripping apart the rest, throwing them in their pile. I shivered at the sight. The wolves may be the enemy, but the way she's killing them was cruel. Suddenly, she reminded me of someone. Noelle looked at the last wolf with a frown. "You're the only one left?"

She walked over to the wolf. It ran, but she caught his tail in time. "Please don't kill me!" it pleaded. She smiled kindly and soothed her bloody hands on his fur. "Okay, I won't since you're asking so kindly."

"P-promise?" he stammered.

She nodded. "Swear to God and hope to die, I won't kill you."

At first, even I believed her, but then an evil grin spread across her face. She ripped off it's hind legs. "You promised not to kill me!" it cried in agony.

"I know." she giggled. "But I didn't say I wouldn't leave you unharmed, did I?"

She ripped everything, but the head off the body. She collected everything and threw it in their pile. She turned her expressionless face at us. A sudden grin came to her face. "Hey guys," she said, as if she hadn't done anything bad. "Let's play mix and match." She pointed at the parts. "I got out supplies."

We sat on our spot, unable to move after what we just saw. At first, she frowned, but then she lit up. "Oh, okay. More fun for me!"

She happily skipped over to the piles and began mixing the wrong parts. She held up a head and examined it. She smiled and shot her hand in the eye socket and ripped off the eye with a snap. She did that with few other heads and went, "You guys look beautiful. Next up, your brain!" she cheered, pulling out a big mush from the neck. Maria ran off, throwing up elsewhere. Brandon took this chance to get Tarry. Lucas and I sat there, holding on to our body. We were afraid that might happen to us. When she was done, there was an actual pool of blood on the ground. She splashed and splashed in the blood. When she was done, she was soaked with blood. Her eyes seemed hazy and distant. Suddenly, she fainted.