Chapter 6

After my shocking realization, we soon ate dinner. Its quiet, but not an awkward one. A comfortable, familiar one. It's nice. Soon we start to feel the exhaustion and one by one go to sleep. I quickly wish Trumpkin, Lucy and Edmund goodnight before settling down. I've got my back to the others whilst just watching the flames. It's quite calming. I hear movement and feel someone lie next to me. I turn to see Edmund and smile at him.

"Hey Hope" he whispers. "You awake?"

I fully turn to face him. "Yeah, why?"

"Do you ever just watch the stars?"

"Not often. I'm usually stuck in the tree but they are beautiful."

"I have found something much more beautiful" he says, turning to look at me.

I quickly go scarlet to this. He just called me beautiful. Him! The fire must have started to die down as it gets colder. I soon start to shiver.

"Come here" Edmund says, whilst opening his arms. I scramble over into his arms and snuggle into him.

In the comfort of his arms I soon start to drift off in his arms. The last thing I hear is Edmund humming in my ear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to see Edmund shaking me. I turn to see Trumpkin and Susan gathering their things.

"Come on, Lucy and Peter are missing"

What! I quickly scramble up to help. We all stop when we hear someone that sounds like Lucy shout. I start running towards the sound, the others right behind me. We quickly arrive to a clearing with Peter and the Telmarine from earlier pointing a sword towards Peter.

"Peter!" Susan shouts.

They both stop and turn to us. Caspian then looks at the sword and notices the lion head. He looks towards Peter.

"High King Peter?"

Peter replied with "I believe you called".

"Well yes, but... I thought you'd be older."

"Well, if you'd like, we can come back in a few years" Peter said slightly annoyed.

"No!" he shouted. "No, that's alright. You're just... You're not exactly what I expected".

Caspian stops when he sees Susan and myself. When he does, I feel Edmund move closer to me as he wraps his arm around my waist. This action causes me to blush and smile. "Neither are you!" he says whilst giving a funny look towards a Minotaur.

At this Trufflehunter steps forward. "A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes".

A small figure steps out to greet Peter. Reepicheep says "We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service".

"Oh my gosh, he is so cute" Lucy squeals. I slap my hand over her mouth to stop her from saying anything else.

Reep draws his sword and turns round. "Who said that?!"

I lower my hand so she can speak. "Sorry" she says with a sheepish smile.

"Oh, uh... your majesty. With the greatest respect...I do believe courageous, courteous, or chivalrous might more befit a knight of Narnia" Reep says.

"The same as ever, aren't you Reep" I said, chuckling.

"Is that a problem Hope?"

"No, not really Reep" I say with a smile.

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade" Peter says to Reep.

"Yes, indeed" Reep says. "And I have recently put it to good use acquiring weapons for your army, sire".

"Good. Because we're going to need every sword we can get."

Caspian faces Peter. "Well then, you'll probably be wanting yours back".

Caspian gives him the sword and walks off. Peter sheathes it, and walks away.