The Dream and Morning-Chapter 4

Anakin wakes in a cold sweat, rushed with emotions that he just felt in his terrifying dream. He checks the time. It was 3:37 am; still the night of their wedding day. He looked over at padme completely undisturbed. He got up and slipped on his evening pajama pants and went to the balcony of their honey moon suite on Naboo. It was still dark outside but the stars lit up the entire sky. He recapped the event of his dream over and over again in his head. He thought about how he force chocked padme. His wife, he hurt her. Anakin suddenly feels warm arms around his center; Padme was hugging his firm abdomen from behind. "Are you alright ani?" She asked in a worried tone. "Yeah I just had a nightmare that's all, go back to bed padme I'm alright" "I'm not going back to bed until you are" he shuddered remembering her corpse at her funeral. Tears began filling his eyes and running down his cheeks. "What's wrong ani, please tell me so I can help you" now facing her, Anakin gently touched her cheek. He looked deep into her now almost terrified eyes. "The dream I, i uh, it was about" he could barley get the words out but he explained the entire dream to her in detail. "Oh Anakin" she tightly hugged him as he cried mercilessly into her shoulder. "I can't loose you padme I can't. You are apart of me, your body you were gone forever and I thought I did it" he said in a whimper. Eventually after a few minutes passed, She led him back into the bed where they held each other tightly all night and into the next morning unwilling to let go.

  Padme woke up in Anakins strong arms. She saw that he was still asleep peacefully. 'that dream, how long can Anakin do this for? How long can he have these horrible dreams?' She thought. She wanted to cry for the sadness he went through last night. She gently traced her fingers on his forehead, down to his nose, lips, and jaw. She wanted to remember every detail of him before he had to leave. 'Why must he go?' Force, she loved him so so much she thought her heart would give out. She could still see the reckless little boy in his face. But he was no longer a little boy, he was her Anakin, her husband Anakin and that's all that mattered to her. Even when he was sleeping he looked upset and it made her wonder what he was thinking or dreaming when he slept. Unable to stop herself she gingerly kissed him on the lips. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled at her. "Good morning" he said in a soft tired voice. "I'm sorry for waking you ani go back to sleep", he chuckled, "what if I want to stay awake with you?" They both giggled. "I'm so sorry about last night I.." She stopped him with a light kiss "shh. Never apologize to me for crying Anakin, we are married now and I want to take care of you", "i do too padme and I shouldn't have worried you about it", "let me help you, don't shut me out please, I want to help you in your troubles". He didn't reply, he only smiled. He wanted this moment to last forever.