Chapter 2: Freaking Out

Start from the beginning

"XANDROUS!" Cassie's frustrated tone snaps me out of my trance.

I sighed. "Yes. I'm sorry, Cassie. Come again?" I asked.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

No. Victoria is leaving and I'm freaking out!

"Yes, I'm fine," I responded flatly.

"What's up?" I snap which I didn't intend to sound snappy. It's just that these days, I hate the feelings when she's acting like my girlfriend.

She always calls me, where am I, what am I doing, or did I eat?

God, I wanted to yell at her to stop asking things and just give me a break once in a while, but she's so sensitive and I she's depressed. I can't aggravate her state anymore. She's dying for Pete's sake.

"I'm sorry if I bother you too much," her voice quiver and I knew she's about to cry.

"I'm sorry, Cassie. I didn't mean to snap at you. I was just tired, okay?" I apologize quickly. She already tried to commit suicide by slicing her wrist like twice, a few months after her mom was gone.

"I'm sorry," she cried and my heart clenched for her.

DAMN! I cursed inwardly closing my eyes with my free hand massaging my temple. I could hear her sniffing and I knew she's crying.

Damn, damn, dammit, Xandrous! I continued cursing in my head.

"Would you like me to come see you?" I asked unconsciously. I can't leave her like that, am I?

"Please," she begs in her vulnerable voice and I wanted to punch myself.

"Stop crying then, Cassie. I'm coming, alright?" I said in a very soft voice as I heaved another sigh.

"Okay," she said softly and I hang up the phone.

What in the world did I get myself into?

I always ask myself since I realized how much I love Victoria. I thought it was just pure lust or just plainly teenage crushes. She's pretty like a doll, and everyone in my class adored her, that's why I wanted to win her and I did, but no one knew about it, since we don't want our parents especially hers to meddle with our relationship and to bed her was my only plan, but everything went wrong. I fell in love with her, but I didn't realized it until she's gone.

I thought Cassie was the type of girl to get serious with, but I realized I love Victoria more than anything in the world, but now it's too late.

She left with a grudge for me after I dumped her for Cassie. Well, not really, but the picture shows the same. I ditched her and stayed at Cassie's side.

I don't want to hurt any of them so I broke up with her, and since no one knew about our relationship, I just told Cassie, I have no girlfriend and I have no plans to enter into any relationship and all I could offer to her is a friendship, and she believed me.

Victoria was crashed. She became the girl I never expect her to be thought, she was always controlling me during our relationship. A player and a bitch.

I thought I didn't care. I tried to ignore her changes. she never failed to be a good friend that I'd rather lost a girlfriend than a best friend. So when her dad and mom divorced, I was there with her. Supporting her. And then, after several years, her mom died. When I wanted to avoid her and face my happiness, that's when she needed me. Even with a grave heart and half of me felt the empathy for her. She felt alone, and now, she's really sick.

I felt I was tied now with a responsibility. A responsibility to look after her. And by means of losing Victoria.

Scowling at the busy street, I decided to turn the ignition, back to life and hit the road. I need to see Cassie now before her depression leveled up again. I don't want to see her on her bed again, lying with blood spurting out of her wrist.