Chapter 4 - Kitty's Secret

They waited... and waited... and waited.

Sly and Kitty sat on the floor next to each other, Kitty not saying a word. Sly tried to start a conversation with her a few times but her gaze was fixated on one of Bruce's paintings. Sighing he leaned back and looked at the painting also "He is quite the artist at least... Considering he's such an ass."

Kitty's brows furrows, getting off the floor. "I'm sorry if i offended you? Do you like him or something?"

"Of course not! I could never like a guy like that." She walked over to the painting. Sly got up, quickly walking up to her. Looking at the painting Sly didn't understand why she was so curious about it.

"What is it Kitty?"

"Look at the paintings in here." Sly listened and looked at them all "I'm not following Kitty" She sighed and looked at him.

"His style changes constantly." Sly stared blankly not following her words at all. Kitty's ears folded back and walked up to a pile of art, digging through them. Picking up one she walked over to Sly and placed it down next to the one from before. "Look!"

Sly looked but didn't understand. "So he got better so what?"

"No! Look at all his paintings. They're all different styles." Sly's brow raised.

"Oh my god! Look! Just look! Every painting after he came back from his criminal life are all different styles." Grabbing a coin from the pile. "There is also a slight discolouration where the signature is" And with that she started to scratch off his signature revealing someone else's name instead. Kitty smiled at how she was right and went to do the same with the other paintings.

"He's using other people's art and passing them as his own? How did you know?" Sly looked astonished.

"I notice the little things." She smiled at him "For example your voice." Sly watched as she walked closer to him. "So considering we're trapped in here. Tell me. Is your name unimportant right now?"

As Sly was about to reply a loud noise of a vault door opened, revealing a Pink Hippo and a little turtle.

Sly looked over to them with joy, grabbing Kitty's hand and pulling her along to get out. "You two took your time!" 

"Sorry Sly it was hard to get in the way you did considering the window wasn't Murray sized" Bentley Explained.

Kitty smiled with a giggle. "May we get out of here. Also I need a camera quickly."

"Don't worry I'll do it" Sly said and went to take the picturesb he knew what she wanted. Then they all took off down the hall to find a safe escape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They got to the entrance that Bentley and Murray made to get in but Bruce was there, the fleeing group came to a hault.

"Well look who got out, but here's the bright side! Now I have the whole Copper gang. Interpol will be very happy to have all of you together. But Kitty... You need a go spritzing for being naughty. Figuring out my little secret with my paintings." Bruce said, literally picking up a spray bottle.

"What? How did you know?"

"I have camera's in my vault, it's also how I knew you and Cooper were in there." A breeze of relief crossed over Kitty knowing he didn't find out for the reason she thought. Bruce raised the bottle and sprayed her face, making her step away from the small group, shaking her face from water. "Hey!" A cage came down, trapping the Cooper gang. 

A gasp in shock Kitty ran up the the cage to try and get them out, causing Kitty to get another spritze. A clear look of anger crossed her features "Will you stop bloody doing that!!!" she screamed up to Bruce, yet this only made him chuckle.